The Frederickson Flyer!

GoldenMotor.com

QuietRiot522

Aug 31, 2010
Rochester MN
More updates!

So, I put the box pouches on last year but I never wrote up how I did it. Not that its anything amazing.

I had to make a backing for the pouches because they were kind of floppy. I had a piece of plastic that fed through the loops on the back of them but they would catch the wind and flap around. It was very annoying. I intended to paint the wood in plastidip so I dont have to worry about them getting wet.

I had to add a bar to bolt them to, this also helped brace the fender more so Im not too salty about drilling into my fenders. there is washers on the back side so Im hoping stress fractures dont form in the fender. Checking for those is part of my Pre-ride check anyway.

QuietRiot522

Aug 31, 2010
Rochester MN
For todays work, with Minnesota's amazing weather this week, is probably the best upgrade Ive ever done to my engine. Piston needle bearing for a Stihl engine.

Now, I dont think this is going to make a difference for anyone with a newer kit. Cause' I recently built a cafe racer style bike for a friend of mine and the kit I got for her bike ran like butter, barely any vibrations for a china girl. With mine however it always has vibrated terribly at high rpm and when idling. I should have made a video but when I took the piston out and put the wrist pin back in you could wiggle the pin around vertically ever so slightly. after putting the Stihl bearing in that went away completely! Best 10 bucks Ive spent on the bike to date.

Just a current picture for posterity's sake, we love pictures right? haha