New Electric TREK

GoldenMotor.com

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
I finally tried out the electric bike thing. It's pretty cool!! Haven't ridden it much, but here is what I know.... 27 mph (average is about 22mph), super heavy (compared to my 2 stroker), A LOT of torque.
Here is a picture.

Attachments

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
I have a Schwinn I-zip, made by Currie. 24v lead acid batteries. Slow on long trips and only about 10-20kms range depending on how much you help it out. I love it in towns and cities where its quiet and smooth low speed torque make it an excellent way to get around. The gas bike really shines on the long road trips. Would be nice to blend the two without weighing 80 lbs.

Steve

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I transitioned from a china girl to an electric kit too, and I couldn't believe how heavy a pair of SLA batteries made the bike feel.
I geared up my I-zip with a smaller cog, but I would not be able to keep up with gokart25 without raising my voltage by adding some batteries.

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
Has anyone ever thought about putting an electric wheel kit on the front wheel, and a normal gas 2 stroker on the back wheel?

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
This is good, that low end torque is crazy... I got 50 miles on the first full charge of the battery (I did assist with some pedaling).
This next full charge I'm going to try and not pedal as much and see how many miles I can get.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This is good, that low end torque is crazy... I got 50 miles on the first full charge of the battery (I did assist with some pedaling).
This next full charge I'm going to try and not pedal as much and see how many miles I can get.
What size is your battery, and what's the voltage? Your motor looks pretty big too.