Whizzer power and speed

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I'm wondering what hp levels most think they're whizzers are and the speeds they hit or run at.
Also, if you're stock do you plan any upgrades to the engine?
.trk

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
My stock NE5 will do 45 mph with intake restrictor removed. I would guess that is about 6 hp from a 133cc or so engine. The big dogs at the California Whizzin ride we do each spring and fall can reach 55 mph for short distances and leave a puff of smoke coming off the throttle. I can tell they are having oil control problems at those speeds and with a Whizzer that's only about 8 ounces. When I say the big dogs I am refering to the OHV conversions, fatter cams with better crank bearings.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Those ohv conversions are cool for sure. My ne5 hit 45 too before mods. Ray has it singing a new song now.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Dennis' s bike is a monster. Less than a 1/3 throttle and already at 40. Dennis if you can't hear the motor well riding, don't stress, because your motors not.

I'm still jetting, need to find that sweet spot. No LARGE CARB SPACER EITHER.
That's 3, Bill's bike is up and coming, and he's all WC-1!

Ray

Attachments

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Oh man, you are making me crave a whizzer build! 40 mph at 1/3 throttle sounds awesome to me. I understand there are quite a few mods to get where you are at.

You got skills with the whizzer and with mechanics in general, it looks like.

You do very good work.

Gilbert

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Oh man, you are making me crave a whizzer build! 40 mph at 1/3 throttle sounds awesome to me. I understand there are quite a few mods to get where you are at.

You got skills with the whizzer and with mechanics in general, it looks like.

You do very good work.

Gilbert
Thank you Gilbert.You find that Whizzer, we'll add to it.

Ray

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
My stock NE5 will do 45 mph with intake restrictor removed. I would guess that is about 6 hp from a 133cc or so engine. The big dogs at the California Whizzin ride we do each spring and fall can reach 55 mph for short distances and leave a puff of smoke coming off the throttle. I can tell they are having oil control problems at those speeds and with a Whizzer that's only about 8 ounces. When I say the big dogs I am refering to the OHV conversions, fatter cams with better crank bearings.
Stress and Heat are more the problem. Have you found away to control them?
I know Fred has.

Ray

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Let's see you whizzer Pat...any options on it?

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
My Whizzer? It's just a bone stock NE5 with intake restrictor removed. Not sure if I have any pictures of it. I'll look around.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Looks like you found Roberts NER....rare version. I know where there's a nice one.
Grab your cell and take some pics of yours