Not working on a motorized bike.

GoldenMotor.com

shotto

Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
I'm working on a scooter not a bike. This might be a party foul for this site, I don't know. It was, however, the first place I've been able to find that seems to have knowledgeable people on two stroke motors.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
The "knowledgeable people" may be a stretch for some of us, but I have also found that there is a lot of people who have tried "it" on this forum.... The "It" being what ever mod you can dream up for a two stroke.

"A smart man learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from others mistakes...You are pretty smart , but not to wise..." -Dad

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
You know there's some great scooter clubs and communities around don't you? I mean, there's really a whole world of scooter tech out there that's really specific to them that you won't readily be able to access from here. I ride mopeds as well as MB's, and for Moped conversation and tuning (much of which involves variator tech, and clutches and transmissions which are absent on our MB's) I stick with Moped Army. For Scooters, things are really varied and specific, many of the motors are very high performance for their size, and between the different varieties of transmissions, wheel sizes, engine displacements, aftermarket parts and manufacturers, I would think you would want a scooter specific forum for that kind of info..

scooter-forums.com and scooter-forums radio

scootdawg.proboards.com/index.cgi

Scoot Forum • Index page

Last, and this is no dig on the many really sharp members of this community- Scooter riders and tuners are some of the most knowledgeable two stroke tuners around. We have some great members here who really know their stuff and can help almost anyone make their machines work better, but I'd wager most of these guru's are in fact, also motorcycle or scooter guys who just so happen to like MB's too...

Nevertheless, I too welcome you to stick around, and really, I LOVE my MB so much that no matter what else I ride and what else I keep or sell, I keep a motor bike around because it's such a hoot, and turns more heads than my motorcycles and mopeds by a longshot. Maybe if you spend some time around here you'll be inspired to slap together a bike and see what it's all about. If nothing else, it's a really fun thing to tune, ride, and keep in the garage for when your scooter is down for repairs or upgrades.

guardianbike

Nov 3, 2016
US
I'm sorry I have no idea of this kinds of bicycles how do they work. Can you use the old-way wherever you want ?? for example if you run out of fuel or simple you dont want to use power of motor.
Sorry for this beginner question :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Threadcromancy alert!

If by "the old way" you mean pedaling, with an average 2 stroke setup, you can still pedal, but you won't like the extra weight and increased drag from the second chain. With some of the larger engines, the pedals are there less for pedaling and more for making the bikes look less illegal. I mean, I guess I could pedal my newest build (however I don't plan to), but the fact that the bike weighs about a hundred pounds or so would mean that I'm probably better just getting off and pushing it.

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
I had an engine failure and pedaled 10 miles home with no problems with the 2 stroke engine. Make sure your chain is aligned well or even remove it.