Micargi Mustang HF 79cc Build

GoldenMotor.com

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
Fortress of Solitude, Florida
Preciate it. Anyone know what's the word on painting the motor i understand that this wouldn't help high motor temps at idle on a hot FL but I also kinda feel like the air circulation might provide adequate cooling for the it. I was going to leave the valve cover and in between the cooling fins unpainted . still thinking on it though. thinkin also of gloss enamel

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
motor was ungoverned, the oil port was tapped so it could be mounted vertically, the was intake manifold was fabricated for the larger performance carb. The keyshaft was cut down a bit along with a few other little things

Last edited:

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
Why are you selling it? This looks like it would be fun to ride....
Thanks, it sounds great and has been a really solid build. Definitely has power to it. Within the next month or so I'm going to be doing a full electric build for my primary city bike and I wont really have much room or use for two done-up bikes around the house especially since i need another car or truck

I'm going to be adding to this bike and riding it occasionally till somebody wants to scoop it up. I'm sure either a passerby, friend, or family member will want it especially since its wheelbase and look appeals to both younger and older people.

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
I decided i'm going to just keep the micargi long term. I'm going to upgrade to the SBP shift kit and Mod/fit it to the stretch frame.

I will be going straight from the clutch to the shift kit via a longer 5/8 shaft in place of the shorter SBP supplied shaft. I've talked with Jim at SBP to come up with a workable gear set but i wanted to share a bit and see if anybody else has any experience with single reduction's on the engine PTO side (Clutch to Shift Kit).

my previous jackshaft drivetrain was going to be
Clutch 11t
J Shaft In- 26
J shaft out- 10
axle- 44t to 50t
for a ratio of 10.4:1

I'll Edit together helpful bits to catch everyone up chat style:

J@SBP:

Engine reduction is usually 4:1 to 6:1 depending on the engine, I believe the 2 strokes are 4:1 and the 4G is 5:1

I would recomend if your engine output sprocket on the clutch is an 11 tooth and if you want a single reduction on the left side I would recommend the following.

11/48 x 10/44 x 36/?

So that is your 11 tooth on your clutch running to a 48 tooth then on the right side a 10 tooth to a 44 and a 36 driving your rear wheel. That should get your ratio about right.

Me:
1.If i altered the following

11/48 x 10/44 x 36/~
to
11/? x 9/44 x 36/~

J@SBP:

In the senerio below the 9 will allow you to use a smaller gear on the left side. You could maybe go down to a 44 or 40 then...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

Last edited:

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
So now that that's established i'd like the purpose a few more tweaks to the Gear sets to more normal and subtle sizes

If i altered the previously mentioned working gearset of

11t/48t x 10t/44t x 36t/~~(mines 22t for a F/D of 11.7:1 I THINK)
to
11t/32t x 9t/48t x 30t/~~(mines 22t for a F/D of 11.37 I THINK)

It should still work fine for my needs right? I guess what i'm really asking is, did i just do my math correctly? lol

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
well i'm ordering the kit today/ tomorrow, i'll lock in the F/d choice with the gear purchase tomorrow here goes nada lol

oh and i forgot to add the before pictures.

bottom tubes 3.81

Attachments

Last edited: