100% custom board tracker, next steps

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I agree with Dan, Our dreams our Ideas our Thoughts for Builds are just waiting for us to make them a reality.

Your build is amazing Aric, never let the naysayers keep you from making your Ideas & Thoughts become a reality!

Peace Crazy Horse, aka Indian Joe.

devils car club

Jul 27, 2009
Culver City California
I agree with Dan, Our dreams our Ideas our Thoughts for Builds are just waiting for us to make them a reality.

Your build is amazing Aric, never let the naysayers keep you from making your Ideas & Thoughts become a reality!

Peace Crazy Horse, aka Indian Joe.
Can we see some fully built and running pics. I am curious about the ride, not to be a jerk... but what's the riding position like? Superman style? (c)

Devils Venice

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
A Board Tracker does set the rider in a prone position almost like superman. Is old world and meant for the aerodynamics. boardtracker - Google Images

A good many of the folks who raced on wooden boards (hence board tracks) died horrible and bad deaths. Board tracker builds are a homage. Also just a style.

devils car club

Jul 27, 2009
Culver City California
A Board Tracker does set the rider in a prone position almost like superman. Is old world and meant for the aerodynamics. boardtracker - Google Images

A good many of the folks who raced on wooden boards (hence board tracks) died horrible and bad deaths. Board tracker builds are a homage. Also just a style.
Hey Dan, like I said i'm not trying to be a jerk but I wana see what the rider looks like on the bike just so I can picture the position. I know what the riding position is for a board tracker, but I just want to see the stretch on this bike.

Devils Car Club

devils car club

Jul 27, 2009
Culver City California
Hey Dan, like I said i'm not trying to be a jerk but I wana see what the rider looks like on the bike just so I can picture the position. I know what the riding position is for a board tracker, but I just want to see the stretch on this bike.

Devils Car Club
See this is mine, and I know the riding position. Just want to see your riding position.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
naw DCC, all good. You did in no way come off as a jerk in any way. Hope I did not as well.

That is a great MB! "Thick brick" tires? hmm, I got that wrong, eh?

Really, great build

neicull

Sep 1, 2009
Norfolk, VA
That is super sweet man. I also say build it anyways. Don't let people tell you not to try something ever. If anything you're learning new things along the way.

aricarmon

Jun 13, 2009
san francisco
its almost done, i just have to add the filler neck to the gas tank and paint, i had to leave to go to school but hopefully i will finish the tank and prep the bike for paint when i go home this weekend, i will post new pictures as i go

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Been sitting here watching the battle of the builders and was wondering if it is up to any of us to say it is not right unless we see a problem that is a potental threat to the builder and the public.

I am closing in on a bike/frame and there will be a shower of pictures when I start building. I can only hope there is not a lot of don't do its but when there is they will be most welcome. I really only want to do the build once and then I will join the life long "make it better" that everyone seems to enjoy.

Steve.

aricarmon

Jun 13, 2009
san francisco
New Pictures

sorry for the ugly face haha, i had a chance to finish the gas tank, the seat, and install the chain, the stretch doesnt look as extreme as some of you might have been expecting, and i do plan on putting a pad along the top for chest support as well as foot pegs that swing out from the rear axle area

Attachments

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
My recumbent with another riding position. The Lads at the shop think I should build a Worlds Fastest HT I think it will still be the Recumbent, for me I need a cushy ride. LOL. Your build looks good, and sense you bent the tubing it is all yours. I have not bent tubing yet. Have fun, Dave

Attachments