Just wanted to say hi

GoldenMotor.com

jeffyh

Nov 28, 2015
Madison, NJ
Hey all,

I came across a motorized bicycle in nyc and thought it looked awesome and started looking to buy one. I wasn't a fan of the price or the options available so decided to build one. Two weeks later, I had a brand new single speed bike and a 66cc engine delivered to me. I can't believe the fitment issues I'm having getting this thing assembled. All the googling I did to find solutions always lead back to this site, so figured I'd register :) Just wanted to introduce myself cause I'll probably be posting up a lot of dumb questions soon, hah.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Welcome, there are lots of pros here who are happy to help you. However, I know that some bicycle frames are too small to mount a 66cc engine in the center part of the frame. If you have enough room to mount the engine in the center but can't fit the carb on there are intakes you can get to solve this problem.

jeffyh

Nov 28, 2015
Madison, NJ
Thanks. Yeah, i wish i read a little before i bought a bike. Bought a 6KU single speed and Gasbike GT6 and didn't realize that 32H hubs will not take a ragjoint or sproket adapter amongst a couple other issues I'm having. Had some custom work done for the sproket which I'm hoping will be a solid solution... I'll be posting build questions and pics in a few hours asking for advice.

Goergedave

Oct 23, 2015
Texas
Hi Jeff. Welcome to the world of motorized bikes. I hope the pros here can help you with your issues. I had someone else build my first bike which was, as you mentioned too expensive. I then transferred that kit to a 2nd and finally a third bike. The most popular build is a 26" cruiser or mountain bike with 36 spoke rims. When you venture out of that there will be issues but the people here have been there and done that. I chose to install this on a FAT bike so I had some issues too but with the help from this and one other forum it's riding great.