Titan t50s 3hp high performance 2 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
TITAN T50S 3HP HIGH
PERFORMANCE 2 STROKE

Has any one used it? Is it reliable enough to be used as a general transportation with little maintenance? Not talking about any super long trips but compared to a honda clone how would it hold up? I am planning on using it with a dax friction drive. I would use the larger roller. I weight 135 so hill climbing shouldn't be to much of a problem and I would rather be able to keep up with the small city traffic (30-35 mph) If this is a problem with friction drive I could switch out to rear rack chain drive.

I have an in frame ht now that I love for the fun but I am wanting something that can be made more reliable easily. It goes a little over 40 (gps) and love the power/weight of 2-strokes. I just have to much money in the project (almost 1000) and am cutting myself off ;)

I am hoping that I can get a friction drive that I will use for transportation and then my ht for fun/performance type stuff.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I have the same thread out. Called DAX and he said hes had them for years and they're a good motor. I've been watching his website fot years {4 i think} and its the first i've seen that motor on his web site. Looks like a monsterscooter 52cc but looks ???? I'm slow and miss stuff but this baffles me. I was interested and wanted one of those nut dax was out ..........any ways I was tired of messin and just bought a titan and the diaphram carb/kit to be done with it. I'm very pleased with the titan 4 stroke and couldn't be happier with the price.

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
I am guessing you have the friction drive? Do you like it? What size roller do you use? It is the 50cc titan right? What is your top speed? How is pulling hills?

Sorry for all the questions I just have not had a lot of luck with the search bar hehe.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Now I'm using the staton f/d. That doesn't matter you will be satisfied with a Titan/HS Dax KIT. Its 4 stroke gas n go/plug n play. The extra pony over the 35cc kits will convince you its the correct motor. Remember the over 50cc motors and what they weigh. FD kits need about 15 lbs in weight or less.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Take it ez......look at GEBE, DAX, staton, pirate, before you spend your hard earned money. AZ BILLS Qmatic too..........good luck!

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
Ok cool thanks for the words of advice. I obsessively read almost everything on this great forum so I believe I have a relatively good understanding of most of the systems. I just haven't heard much about the specific engines Duane sells.

Take it easy, (hehe)

Robert

RaussSkyfang

Feb 29, 2012
maryland
i cant comment on this specific engine, however i recently had a BGF version, which ended up lasting me almost a year or constant, heavy use (almost 50 miles a day), which is great considering i bought it used. this is the exact engine i had

http://www.ebay.com/itm/motor-bicyc...430?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256b4ebdae

the only engine-related problem i had was the constant need to change sparkplugs

i had some serious issues with the BGF bracket setup, the main of which was the bearing completely disentigrating after only a month of use.

im planning on picking up this titan t50s from thatsdax.com, and based on ym experiences with the BGF version, im anticipating that the titan will last me a very long time. its also much easier to maintain than one of the grubee in-frame types of motors, in my opinion at least, which may not mean much since this will only be my second motorized bike

Last edited: