first post, and boy i feel stupid

GoldenMotor.com

H.R. huffinstuff

Jan 27, 2012
Puyallup, WA
hi guys first post, blah blah. any way, i was wondering, what should i do if i cut my needle in half? lol, like a dumbass i was trimming a fresh throttle cable, DOH!! cut right through the needle, if there isn't a way to buy one online, would someone send me one if i send you a few dollars? i feel like an idiot, i really do .duh.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy HR. Don't feel dumb, we have all done equal and worse, I assure ya. I can't remember the names of the threads but there have been a couple on "Opps" we have all made. Would have you holding your sides laughing. Kinda universal.

I know I must have some around but can't find one for you. I looked at a couple of the vendors web sites on either side and they are very cheap. I am unable to recommend any advertiser over another (Just a world of help ain't I? lol) but if no one has one for you, not hard to find one.

Welcome to the forum! Post lots of pics of your build.

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
Call Duane at ThatsDax, he probably has a replacement part for you. Sick Bike Parts is also good for quick shipping.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
hi guys first post, blah blah. any way, i was wondering, what should i do if i cut my needle in half? lol, like a dumbass i was trimming a fresh throttle cable, DOH!! cut right through the needle, if there isn't a way to buy one online, would someone send me one if i send you a few dollars? i feel like an idiot, i really do .duh.
I should have one or two laying around somewhere, I'll let you know. If I find it you can have it for free, you'll just have to PM me your address.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome H.R.

A few yrs back I went to a rally/MB get together thing in MD. When I put my MB on the bike carrier, it had a flat so I took a spare wheel with me to throw on at the ride. As I parked the car, said hello and explained I had a flat and needed a couple of minutes to put the spare wheel on, no less then 5 pares of hands were on my MB before it touched the ground as I unteathered it from the car! LOL, no kidding it looked like a NASCAR pit crew in action.

MB folks are about half a bubble off plumb but to the good.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Well you sound like you'll fit in nicely;-) And you'll find out, this place is FULL of people just like F_Rod81. Folks 'round here just like to help someone else when they can, with knowledge, spare parts, assistance or what ever someone needs.

H.R. huffinstuff

Jan 27, 2012
Puyallup, WA
so i have the worst fix ever, i have to get around on my bicycle. so i took a nail, cut a groove in it with a pair of dull wire cutters, and installed it on the bike, well it runs rich, but that's just fine for now!

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
so i have the worst fix ever, i have to get around on my bicycle. so i took a nail, cut a groove in it with a pair of dull wire cutters, and installed it on the bike, well it runs rich, but that's just fine for now!
mate sounds like thats gotta be on the top notch end of things..haha
look forward to seeing the pic can't say I would have thought of that 1 gr8 stuff bud well done.(^)

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Glad to hear ur problem has been resolved...

For general info, I'm running the needle from an NT carb in my CNS right now.
It works fine.

Best
rc

H.R. huffinstuff

Jan 27, 2012
Puyallup, WA
:( I don't have a camera, otherwise i post a pic of the shear redneck ingenious-ness of this thing, i got my new needle today, thanks f_rod, and built a copper spacer, this thing really flies now! :) :) :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome your up, running and happy H.R.

LOL @ "shear redneck ingenious-ness of this thing," Snork

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
just saw your post, glad you fixed it. What is the copper space for?
http://thereifixedit.failblog.org/

I'll look in my storage unit monday to see if I still have that dead carb from last year (bike fell over from damn dog, cracked the carb, saved for parts).

You may be in luck. I'll send it to you for good luck if I have it.
It's the NT Speed carb that came on grubee 49cc.

You can get a whole new carb for $20, but probably someone can help you.

If the nail actually works at all, sounds like you might have opened a new avenue for tinkering. hahaha. The original ones are tapered and have 3 or 5 notches for adjustment, and a pesky little bitty c-clip. I was afraid I'd lose that thing sometime so I kept the whole dead carb for safe keeping of it.

Last edited: