Point Beach gets an EZM kit.

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
In California it is required that any motorized bicycle that shall be operated upon a public highway, road, ect. be equipped with a state issued license plate.
There is a one time fee of $19.00 (may change without further notice) to obtain this plate.
There are no reoccurring/ yearly registration fees due. The plate is good for ever.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The plate came in the mail today!
This weekend I am going to fabricate a bracket to attach it to the rear fender.
I also gotta reinforce the rear fender struts. I think that it will flex too much with the plate acting like a sail in the wind.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I will post pics as I build the bracket and the plate mounted.
I think that I will try to get a second fender strut and just double them up. That ought to be rigid enough and strong enough to not crack due to fatigue.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Looking forward to see what ya come up with, GearNut!

I recently moved to a small town and cops are coming down hard on me. I had to get a DOT helmet, got my plate ordered, and bought a combination tail/stop/turn signal/lighted license plate holder for mine. Only way I could figure mounting the plate on my bike without it looking juryrigged. Now I just gotta juryrig the lights to work rotfl

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
That taillight is a good idea, The Aleman. It looks like a part of a DOT light kit for dirt bikes; is it?
I was thinking of at least using a pre-fabbed backing plate for license plate mounting, but I don't know. We'll see.
I do have a couple of stock brackets for Harleys that I might use parts from.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Here is the license plate bracket just after I bent it to shape. It is made from 1/8" x 1/2" aluminum flat stock.

Here is the plate mounted.

Now that the bike meets all legal requirements, anyone wanna go on ride? :D

Greengabbard

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis
I wonder if I could get my brother in LA to register my bike for me. Then I could put the plate on my bike and ride it like I'm an out of state rider. Thoughts???