time to beat the tire dead horse again

GoldenMotor.com

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I have thick bricks on my USAF bike but they are 24x3. I was going to initially build the Indian with cream 24x3 tires but at the time I could not locate any and the plant would not return my emails. I am simply sick of our tire situation. Why can't some some billionair be really into bicycles and start making tires we would die for? Lol!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Have you looked through the range of Downhill tyres. They are big and wide and must come in hard compounds. I doubt they would come in white, and also they are usually covered in brand names. But maybe these could be removed somehow. Sanding them off.

Or what about if we can find a hard compound tyre and remove the brands names or repaint them white. I remember seeing a thread on tyre paints. Cant recall what the results were.....

Im sort of hoping you will find the answer before im ready to buy more tyre. I just bought another cheapy whiteys for my Villiers build. Ill see how long they last then i will need an alternative also.

Or finally is there a nice, decently priced white (or otherwise) motorcycle tyre out there? And run 26" motorcycle rims..... but are they available cheaply?????

So many questions.... lol

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I have maxxis Hookworms on my Giant STP Zero hardtail bike and theyve lasted very well. And with downhill tubes in them i never ever get flats. Lots of graphics to remove though. Not cheap but i highly recommend them and they roll so sweetly

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
i got another one for you guys...

anyone still making reproduction carbide bicycle lamps? i found a company on the internet out of india called jk dey, but read a thread on here saying that they no longer make them...bummer. there seem to be quite a few on ebay but a good one is a hundred bucks at least.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I sniped my carbide lamp on Ebay for sixty two dollars 3 minutes or so before the auction ended. You can get a good price on one if you ignore it and then just outbid the highest bidder by a few dollars. Someone will want to kill you but you will have the Lamp!

Kris Blake

Mar 7, 2011
Riverside, Ca
any wisdom on the wide crank situation? i found this on ebay but want to check with the experts first...hehe.

WIDE PEDAL CRANK ARMS FOR BIKE MOTOR BICYCLE ENGINE KIT | eBay
me again!

Geez, are we on the same page or what? I too was looking at this crank and sprocket set. boygofast isnt very fast with communication (I asked him what the offset from the sprocket was about 2 months ago/no reply) and today I noticed another seller on ebay with these. I asked him the same question. Im using a 30's Villiers motor and I need to shorten my crank arms a lot or widen the assembly. Last resort would be to get her a lap band, she's a fatty! :)
Kris

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
me again!

Geez, are we on the same page or what? I too was looking at this crank and sprocket set. boygofast isnt very fast with communication (I asked him what the offset from the sprocket was about 2 months ago/no reply) and today I noticed another seller on ebay with these. I asked him the same question. Im using a 30's Villiers motor and I need to shorten my crank arms a lot or widen the assembly. Last resort would be to get her a lap band, she's a fatty! :)
Kris
Kris,
I'll try to find the link to the engine company that also sells one piece and three piece extra wide pedal cranks for older cruisers. Not an ebay seller. Do you have a build thread? (I'm another Villiars guy).
SB

ghosteh

Jun 20, 2011
Chicago
Another cool thing about the Maxxis Hookworm is the size. 26x2.50 was an actual antique motorcycle tire size.
Same size, but definately not vintage looking.

Fat Franks look nice, except for that stupid refelective stripe.

I'd go with white, black, or creme if I could just find a decent-looking (vintage look) tire in 26x"big" ... and one that wasn't $100+!

I'm also using the worksman rims.