She loves the cold!

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Hey all, Sorry I haven't been around much lately, dang irl suxors. But anyway, I made a vid of my cruiser once I got my Pocket Bike Pipe on, thanks to SBP's silicone tubing.

(I'm still waiting 2 months later for my billet intake and air intake from pirates..but that's another thread)

I still haven't gotten on the hardware kit from SBP, the high performance plug wire(have to get new plug with a nib on it), or even the keyed ignition killswitch from KCvale. Nor my mb.com, SBP, Zoombicycles, stickers, :( I'm still farting with my chain/guard before I button them down,... but that's all on its way. Winter's long, so no worries... plus I'm still considering painting the frame and tank a nice Ford blue. I've always loved that colour(color, Yankees) :p

I'm still running 20:1 and running way rich on purpose for break in. So I can foul the stock plug half decent, and seat the rings good, and give any-and-all bearings a good squirt, since its a new engine.(Thank god for Dads!!)

So here's the vid + a couple of pics, thanks for reading.

And here's the vid, I turned the idle down too low midway that's why she dies at the end. I haven't gotten to drilling a port hole on that carb yet.

YouTube - She loves the cold!

Thanks for watching!
cflg

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
I love the pipes. Great lookin build you got there. How did you do the exhaust? I would like something like that on my next mountain bike build just with one pipe on each side.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Thanks skiball, I cut up an old pipe for the front mount. Dremel blade cut it like butter. Then it was just the tubing and a couple of hose clamps, and a flattened blind mount out back to keep it steady.

Lol Kat, a nice thing about the cold is the local 'Raisin Smugglers' :p

That tubing rocks! I kept bringing a driver with me incase it started leaking, but it hasn't leaked a drop, even when warmed up. Best $8.95 I ever spent, thanks SBP!

This is the tubing I used btw: Silicone Tubing 1" i.d. They also have 3/4" i.d. tubing

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
the melting point or operating temperature of the silicone tubing is 350 degrees f.. if that is so then why does jb weld melt or break off my bike ? so far rutlands black furnace cement works but i dont want to put it directly on the motor. i made a homemade exhaust because i ride my bike everysingle day and needed a quick fix. i used a aluminum can from vegatables.. yeah the ones you eat and are 16 oz.. lol.. to a coper pipe that goes to the back with some radiator hoses.. one bigger .. to two smaller stuffed in it .. to one bigger again.. with a sos pad clamped in the end of it.. it is quieter and has alot of backpressure which makes it hard to start but that is cuz of the sos pad.. i will put something else in there later on.. i have a temperature meter that goes up to 497 degrees f.. so i will test it maybe in the morning to tell you all how hot it actually gets..
my question is how long does that silicone tubing actually last you guys???

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nice G....I really like the sound of yer bike.....sounds almost like a twin with those dually stingers! Keep up the good work and be careful if you're riding in frozen conditions man.