My Dual Suspension Design

GoldenMotor.com

Caus-I-Can

Sep 15, 2008
here is my bike had for about ayear now done about 2500 k/m so far with no problems

works fantastic on any surface and have a top speed of 55 k/m p/hr
actually these photos are 6 months old have re sprayed same color, changed hand grips and slightly adjusted seat pole. also i notice muffler isnt on. will take some new pics and post please let me know what you think of the design

Attachments

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I like that design. Pedals looks kind of ummm, how do you say, missing, though. No problems with taking off from a stand still?

Caus-I-Can

Sep 15, 2008
Yes Pedals will be replaced am currently waiting for a new rear wheel that will have sprockets on both sides (6 sprockets on right for pedaling.)

It is a 49cc Pocket bike engine with gear reduction box...Have added a performance kit - head, block, piston etc witch gives it a bit more low down power,

goes from a standing start quite well although i do tend to push off with one leg. mainly to extend clutch life.

the rear end is anormal 26 inch MB frame which i have extended/modified by approx 10-11 cm

Caus-I-Can

Sep 15, 2008
Its the only type of motor i've used and i'm very happy with how its performed i have some mates who have the chinese bicycle engine kits and they are always having problems. but them main reason i use them is that i get them for around aus$75 to aus$80

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I love it! Like the way the rear sus came out. I always like to see this stuff! Thanks for sharing!

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
Do the pocket bike sprockets line right up to the rear hub like the kits do? How did you mount your rear sprocket and which sprocket did ya use?

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
I think you have to add pedals for if you do not you eliminate half of the fun--pedals help in racing or going up hills-in winter they keep you warm-what weight are you?-- that seat post would probably bend with my 210 pounds !!

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
sorry , i forgot to ask before ,

is your gearbox a cvt or just a reduction , i know lots of those pocket bikes have a mini cvt in them .

you got me thinking now , because you can pick up a pocket bike so cheap ( and thanks to the bike being built so cheap , the foot pegs usually bust off ) you can get a used one for like $50 .

i,de like to know what they go for wholesale price . the fair that comes to town had them as prizes a 2 booths this year , instead of big stuffed teddy bears

Caus-I-Can

Sep 15, 2008
Sorry I've taken So long to reply!...
the rear sprocket is attached to a front wheel rim that has a disk brake mount just had to redrill the sprocket..

the seat post is thicker guage steel compared to normal seat post so wood definitley support most weights i am 84 kg and believe that it wood easly hold over 130 kgs

the gear box is just a reduction. looking into geting a cvt but haven't found one which is the right price and also think they are a little to bulky.. and to be honest do i realy need it at the moment its top speed is around 60 km's p/hr which is plenty fast enough as i live in centre of sydney.

Pocket bikes sell for around $220 to $300 aus over hear

would like to put either a kick start or electric start on it but havent found any sort that once again is the right price ( almost nothing)

Caus-I-Can

Sep 15, 2008
Yeah they look the biz!

only thing that uncertain about is the engine mounts
but maybe they suit your design

They engine i have has 6 mount holes 5 in the base and 1 up top

on close inspection of the photos its all just up grades to an origanl cheap chinese atv engine. as for myself living in Oz it would even be More expensive.

the engines i use are $80 aus.

a high quality billet head kit which incudes head, block, ported cyclinder, rings, clips, copper gaskets, NGK spark plug, nuts and bolts is $50

High perfomance Carby $50

Fibre Glass Reid $10

all this gives me pretty much the same Engine as they are selling (minus air filter/notwater cooled)

for well under half the price