home built Chainsaw powered moutain bike

GoldenMotor.com

motopsycho85

Jan 7, 2010
Surrey BC Canada
Okay I've got a mint condition husky 65cc chaisaw and I'm wondering how to mount it to my mountain bike. If I simply mount it to a rear rack and weld a small sprocket to the clutch and then just run regular bike chain down directly to the biggest sprocket on the rear wheel won't that work well enough or do I have to go about this differently? I want good speed without sacrificing to much torque. Please help me as I want this to be my main mode of transportation. Thanks. I'm a Motorcycle Mechanic but I've never done something like this. Owned one of the chinese engine kits and hated the damn thing so I figure with a good engine and a simple mounting technique I should be okay,cvlt1

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
hey biker
if your looking for torque a 2 stroke isnt the way to go, however that doesnt mean you cant use your chainsaw motor, i dont know about you but i can make anything fit anything so what your trying to do is possible.
if you still have the parts from your china girl motor that should help, post pics of what your working on

motor_head

Dec 18, 2008
iowa
you will probably need to run a jackshaft to get enough reduction, unless you can find a 200 or so tooth sprocket you need around 15-1 reduction,it depends on tire size