Diane's Bike

GoldenMotor.com

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi all, I bought this little "Roadmaster?" from the back room of a local bike shop, getting only the frame and fork (in primer) cranks and sprocket. I returned and found the rear fender.

I then embarked on an illegitimate restoration, finding a color I really liked, that was similar to some I knew from that time period (1946-1953). I think I bought 3 rattle cans of the green, and one white.

Scuff the primer, paint green, let dry, and lay out the blazes with masking tape, shoot the white, and Ohh boy time to re-assemble.

Better results tho, will always be achieved with better quality materials, in the years since I built this bike, the paint has oxidized and gone "frosty".

You CAN do a very nice job at home with rattle cans.

Mike

Attachments

Ravenshurst

Oct 8, 2008
Tucson
Beautiful bike!!! Makes me a little more hopeful about my project...I scuffed up the factory paint, shot 2 coats of primer, wet sanded w/ 1000 gr, and then started spraying Krylon "Banner Red" top coat, wet sanding w/ 1500 gr between each coat. Question: does anyone know if there is a "wetlook" clear topcoat available? Anyway, if my cruiser looks anywhere NEAR as good as yours, I'll be more than satisfied!

raptor50

Sep 1, 2008
raven
here,s a great clear coat dupont A7480S.it will look like glass. you should use 220 or 300 grit when sanding primer.if you use 1000 or 1500 you get the primer coat to smooth and some paints won,t stick very good and over time will peel off.sanding primer coat with coarser paper give the top coat something to stick to.

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
That's a great lookin' bike, I really like the color, and especially like the big fat fenders, reminds me of the bikes we had when I was a kid... I'm 64..... there's more metal in that bike than there is in a Honda civic..... :)