lets see some disc brake sprocket installs

GoldenMotor.com

tx1211

Feb 12, 2014
houston
looking for pictures or some of you who have installed a rear disc brake sprocket successfully as I have disc brakes on the front of my bike and happened to have v-brakes in the rear but my bike does have the generic 6 bolt rear disc brake hub so that is the route ill be going way better than dealing with the rag joint nightmares I read of..

any help or input would be great.!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here are a few pics of sprockets that are mounted to the six hole disc brake hub......

Sorry I couldn't find my close-ups of them. That is a Halo rear disc hub.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I believe what the man is asking for is a combination disc brake and sprocket mounted together. Correct tx1211?

I've seen it tried but the limitation is that the largest bicycle brake rotor you'll find is 203mm. Trying to get chain/caliper clearance without resorting to a small rear sprocket, 32 or 36T is nearly impossible. Many of us have no use for a high geared bike and prefer the larger 40T sprocket which if used with the 203 rotor won't allow full pad contact.

If anyone has achieved this combo, without using a small sprocket I'd be interested in seeing it as well.

Tom

tx1211

Feb 12, 2014
houston
im not running the back disc brake my bike just so happen to come with a rear disc brake hub i do have front disc though. the back brake is v-braked . just like the first picture is what im looking for. i ended up ordering a disc brake sprocket from spooky so well see if i can make it happen!.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Here is mine...

Running a 36t and I can only get about 1/2-3/4 pad on it. But works great best thing I have ever done to this bike was add rear disc.

oh, and the rotor is a 180 the 203 was too big to fit in the space I had. So I run a 203 up front and the 180 in rear.

Attachments

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I fabricated a mount and used the "kings sprocket adapter" on my "kore" hub. The pic is somewhere in the ratrod thread '1st build in orange county'. Works awesomely b*tchen

Sorry I'll be home later to post a new pic

-magrider-