"1912 Ceruleum" Boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

Ceruleum

Jan 28, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I built this bike over a few months in my sparetime. I extended the frame 4 inches, and made the bottom loop and gusseted the frame. Made the forks, seat, tank and bars from scratch, along with pretty much everything else you see. The paint was aged with scuff pads, shoe polish and muriatic acid...to rust it and patina it...it seems to have come out pretty good, and it goes well too.

Attachments

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
Great looking bike. I love the old school look. Riding with those handlebars has to be interesting though. Your bike is truly a work of art in my opinion. Great job.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
very unique touches on an awesome bike. I love those old style rod covers on the engine. Thats a real good idea. I love it. Great job. more pics would be great.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
MAN your bike is sooooo cool. I love the leather work on the tank, nice touch. Love the tank, bars, light..... oh wait, i love the whole thing.

I noticed you have put an alloy filler panel under the engine. It looks like you have used an existing item.... if so i was just wondering if they are frame protectors for motocross bikes? From the photo provided they look a lot like the ones i used to put on my yamaha.

Did you do the striping and writing on the tank?

Ceruleum

Jan 28, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
@harry76 - the "alloy filler panel" I made was meant to emulate the bottom end of an old motor...like how the harley knuckleads are....I never got around to putting more bolts through it and ribbing it to make it more realistic looking though...no its not a stock piece..its hand made...1/4 inch aluminum is easily shapeable with a bandsaw though if you have a metal blade and a sanding disc..yes I did do the striping and lettering..thanks for being stoked!

Ceruleum

Jan 28, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
@wheelbender6 - I made it..its just a bolt on piece with fake overhead valves/valve springs and push rods...to make it look like an old OHV engine..i wish the real motors werent $10,000 or more or I`d use one of them..haha

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
That bike is a beauty. One of a kind. Does the engine drive a jack-shaft to the other side? I couldn't figure out the drive set-up from the pics. Oh, and where did you get that great looking tank?

Ceruleum

Jan 28, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
funny you noticed that...about the drive set up...there was actually no drive chain on it when those pictures were taken...i was riding it on the back farm roads to the next town and the drive chain snapped..so i figured i would pull over and snap some pics..and put a few new links in...the tank(s) started out as a honda 250 rebel tank...with 6 inches taken out of the centre, so i had two halves, and then those halves were pie sectioned in the centre to skinny them up in height..it was just an exercise in making something out of nothing.....the petcock stuff is all brass which is really plumbing parts from the hardware store...and one of the gas filler caps is just a cork i found.

NewOrleansFlyer

Jun 27, 2011
Montana
So, I went straight to the pictures, without reading the post and I'm thinking. Man, where did this guy find this bike????? And then I read the posts....and found out it was a current "home made". I wish I was as talented as you. This is one of the best I've seen. Thanks for sharing. If you have any more pics...especially of the build, please post them.

Ceruleum

Jan 28, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
hey thanks everyone for being so stoked on it...ill try to get some more pics up as soon as possible..im terrible with computers so it may take a while...i really want to get a video up as well because that will give everyone a better feel of what its like