Spring-loaded tensioner?????

GoldenMotor.com

Blackrain2012

Aug 12, 2010
San Diego
Is there anywhere on the face of the earth that sells a spring loaded tensioner?!?(that i can order from)

Thanks for the help. Also, i hate my bike. READ THE REASON FIRST: My back wheel is causing all the problems. I have a skinny ass tire on there to keep the chain from shredding it. also i have a spacer behind the sprocket to push it out more, and its still close!!! i cant even use my brake arm, i have a cheap pair of caliper brakes on there for now. i bought the brake arm extension from spooky tooth, and there is not enough room b/t the frame and sprocket for a brake arm. if i make the spacer thinner, my chain will hit the tire!!! where can i buy a premade rear wheel that is completely assembled with no problems????!!!!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This hub adapter from pirate cycle, and kipharley's chain tensioner should solve your problems.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Terry,Thanks for the link but I already went to the site and found the pidgeon hole for their spring loaded chain tensioner for $30 but there's no picture!Did they just pull the picture or has it been that way for a while?Or did those sneaky buggers pull the pic hoping someone would buy them sight unseen!HUMMM VERY INTERRRRESTING!! Kip.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
There is one on ebay- a suntour for the PEDAL side, I had the link a week ago but my computer crashed and I reformatted. It's under BMX parts- search "chain tensioner"-

with one on the pedal side, you can set the motor chain and this will adjust the other- if you hardly ever pedal- this would be better, no?

i think it's about $22- and as listed for BMX it probably accomodates a 1/8" cruiser chain. Not sure about 3/32 derailleur chain. But it looks like a little thin derailleur with a hanger but no body and the double pulle wheel under that spring loaded.

I'm goin looking!
here tiz!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Shimano-MX50-Ch...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa2a0525d

and another:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Bike-Alloy-...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item56347bcb4f

Last edited: