occ chopper hub adapter question...

GoldenMotor.com

Jesse002100

May 1, 2010
Parma Ohio
alrighty so i am stuck on my chopper build my choices are to drill out the stock sprocket and rubbers or wait 2+ months for the manic mechanic which is not happening.

is there any other alternative to mounting the sprocket to the rim??? i need to get it done by June 5 for my nephews birthday present.

i have the offset motor mount so it lines up perfect.
thanks, Jesse

.shft.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Don't quite understand the problem. Is it the center of the sprocket that you are having the problem with?
I used the stock rag joint and sprocket without modification, on my first OCC. Used it for a year then went 5-speed.
I have also used m-m adapter on another Occ, again no problem.
If you do go with the rag joint, take your time and get it right.

Attachments

Jesse002100

May 1, 2010
Parma Ohio
alright here are some pics of it. in my reading some people have luck some dont but my only thought would be to take about 1-2mm off the hub to make it clear but i was looking for other options.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I went to look at the s-ray wheel. It is not on the bike right now as I went to five speed. As I looked at it I remembered that I had a tight fit with the bolts!
However I was able to make it work and to my amazement it was running true!
You could take a dremel to it but I would give it a very good try first.
Good luck.

Russ

Attachments

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
Can you elongate the holes in the sprocket and the 3 metal pieces on the inside of the rag joint? My sprocket on my cruiser has holes that are elongated from the factory.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I don't think you will have to touch the horseshoe or rag material. A rat tail file, chain sharpening file or dremel should work on the sprocket(it is not hardened).
Most important, keep it as true as possable while tightening the bolts. Also be sure to check the sprocket teeth, they are usually just punched out. The teeth may need to be tapered, do this befor you mount it.

Attachments

Jesse002100

May 1, 2010
Parma Ohio
I went to look at the s-ray wheel. It is not on the bike right now as I went to five speed. As I looked at it I remembered that I had a tight fit with the bolts!
However I was able to make it work and to my amazement it was running true!
You could take a dremel to it but I would give it a very good try first.
Good luck.

Russ
i like the jackshaft kit i tried to find a mount like yours but couldnt. guess you dont need the sprocket anyways. but with the stock kit sprocket how fast did it get you going? im assuming only about 20mph cause the rim is smaller??

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
I don't think you will have to touch the horseshoe or rag material. A rat tail file, chain sharpening file or dremel should work on the sprocket(it is not hardened).
Most important, keep it as true as possable while tightening the bolts. Also be sure to check the sprocket teeth, they are usually just punched out. The teeth may need to be tapered, do this befor you mount it.
Cool bike. Where did you get the saddle bags?