Huffy commuter worth motorizing?

GoldenMotor.com

cnodie1

Jan 27, 2010
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I just picked up a sweet deal on a Huffy 26" commuter 60$ ridden only once. Im thinking about motorizing it but can't find any one on here with experience on the bike. What do you think? Even if its not worth it I have a great commuter for when I am feeling like exercising :D

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Looks like a nice bike, but goodluck squeezing a engine(even a 48cc) in that bike frame.
It looks like a roadmaster sx sport mountainbike i use to have.
The bike frame or engine mounts may have to be modified.
You may have to make a cutom intake for you carb to clear the frame,either longer or off to the side. Your sparkplug may also have problems clearing the frame unless you get a slant head.

But if your willing to do extra work to get the engine mounted it looks like it would make a nice ride. But i bet there are easier bike frames to mount a engine on for around the same price or a little more.

Last edited:

cnodie1

Jan 27, 2010
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Looks like a nice bike, but goodluck squeezing a engine(even a 48cc) in that bike frame.
It looks like a roadmaster sx sport mountainbike i use to have.
The bike frame or engine mounts may have to be modified.
You may have to make a cutom intake for you carb to clear the frame,either longer or off to the side. Your sparkplug may also have problems clearing the frame unless you get a slant head.

But if your willing to do extra work to get the engine mounted it looks like it would make a nice ride. But i bet there are easier bike frames to mount a engine on for around the same price or a little more.
Well I will have to go check out the actual dimensions but it looks like it should fit. I only have experience with cruiser frames so it will be an experience. What are the dimensions of mtb frames that fit motors well?

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
A 48cc bicycle motor engine kit is about 8.5" height 7" length 5" width, im looking for a pic and dimensions for the frame...heres one pic i found...

Attachments

Last edited:

cnodie1

Jan 27, 2010
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
A 48cc bicycle motor engine kit is about 8.5" height 7" length 5" width, im looking for a pic and dimensions for the frame...heres one pic i found...
Yeah I found that pic in the pre motorizing thread and I actually started a thread in there. I took the picture and got it as big as i could on my screen before it got too pixelized. after that i measured the tire with a bit of paper, folded it in half and figured that for 13 inches. I am guestamating here but the seat tube is about 14 inches the top and bottom are about 20 inches.

And I am trying to fit a 66cc slanthead.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
You might be able to get it to fit in there...don't forget you have to measure inside the frame tubes, and i betting the seat tube is around 12-12 1/2" which will put the aircleaner right up against the corner of the seat tube and top frame, but i could be wrong.

Heres a link to bike of simular size frame:
http://motorbicycling.com/f15/roadmaster-mountain-bike-7331.html

Attachments

Last edited: