Prices really dropping on e-bay!

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I just went to e-bay and you can now get a 80cc Raw engine kit for 109.95 free shipping....80cc slant engine kits are 109.95 free shipping as well....Is it becouse of all the computiton out there?I just made a offer of 100.00 each for 3 Raw engine kits with free shipping....I should get a response by tomorrow....
John-John
.shft.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I agree they are selling these engines rather cheap on Ebay it makes me wonder.I just won a Raw kit for $70.00 for a friend of mine.The few people selling them that cheap through Ebay will not work with you if you were to get a defective part in the kit..BGF,luckyearlybird blocked me from purchasing from them because one.they wouldn't honor their kits when i asked for a replacement part two.I left them bad feedback so they blocked me from contacting an purchasing from them!That is what gets alot of peoples interest (wow a whole kit for $100+free shipping) I would not recommend purchasing from them due to my own experience!

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Could be the season...money tied up in inventory that just sits for the winter months can screw you when you want to stock up on something else that will move at this time of year.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I agree they are selling these engines rather cheap on Ebay it makes me wonder.I just won a Raw kit for $70.00 for a friend of mine.The few people selling them that cheap through Ebay will not work with you if you were to get a defective part in the kit..BGF,luckyearlybird blocked me from purchasing from them because one.they wouldn't honor their kits when i asked for a replacement part two.I left them bad feedback so they blocked me from contacting an purchasing from them!That is what gets alot of peoples interest (wow a whole kit for $100+free shipping) I would not recommend purchasing from them due to my own experience!
70 bucks for a Raw kit!!!!!!!!Who was the seller?I would like to buy a few from them....I bought a engine replacement from BGF and have had no problems...Leave me a link to the seller of that Raw kit you bought....At these prices it really doesnt matter if they honor a warranty,they are so cheap to replace....
John-John

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
At a hundred bucks they are NOT losing money I assure you. They would like to get 250 for them I am sure but they will probably take the buck you are offering.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
At a hundred bucks they are NOT losing money I assure you. They would like to get 250 for them I am sure but they will probably take the buck you are offering.
I got a responce....He said he couldnt do 3 at 100 dollors a peice becouse to save money on shipping he sends 2 to a box so he said he would sell me 4 for that,then I told him I would just buy 2 and he agreed to it....
I remember when I started buying these engine kits 3 to 4 years ago and I was paying 229.00 shipped....Man I love the price of these engine now....It is a no loose situation becouse they are so cheap....
John-John
.shft.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
It may also be that it's getting out the price of a basic kit in china is around $21. It's the brokering, import, shipping that jacks the price up. I'd guess if you are ordering enough of them at a time the shipping really starts to drop.

PS. $21 price quoted from a different thread

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
I second that....
Id rather pay 140 for a 48cc Dax than 100 for a cheapo........wee.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
It may also be that it's getting out the price of a basic kit in china is around $21. It's the brokering, import, shipping that jacks the price up. I'd guess if you are ordering enough of them at a time the shipping really starts to drop.

PS. $21 price quoted from a different thread
yep i saw that one

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
AaronF-

You spent 800 bucks in the last two months on these things, but you told me you didn't have any money and needed a throttle cable, C clip and carb slide!

Now I have a box of spare parts that used to be a full kit, and you are caught in a lie.

Not cool.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
AaronF-

You spent 800 bucks in the last two months on these things, but you told me you didn't have any money and needed a throttle cable, C clip and carb slide!

Now I have a box of spare parts that used to be a full kit, and you are caught in a lie.

Not cool.
No need to explain anything even though i will,I spoke with him through pm.Hes got the so called story of mine all mixed around.Yes most of the money i had for my bikes was spent before I even came to this forum.Weeks later got my first kit needed a few carb parts so I posted a wanted ad on here for the parts if someone had SPARES for free.First motor was crap an my second motor had a few common problems throttle cable slide would not fit.Joe,I must quote you on this (Now I have a box of spare parts that used to be a full kit) You just explained to me in pm that you didn't have any more spares or kits (you sold them all) Hm now what is this man? Let alone the replies you sent back to me that were terribly disrespectful,I've been respectful to you the day you messaged me an you call me a liar because the parts were used for the new motor? There's absolutely no reason to argue,you've brought this up two times now.No its not cool at all

Last edited:

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
No need to explain anything even though i will,I spoke with him through pm.Hes got the so called story of mine all mixed around.Yes most of the money i had for my bikes was spent before I even came to this forum.Weeks later got my first kit needed a few carb parts so I posted a wanted ad on here for the parts if someone had SPARES for free.First motor was crap an my second motor had a few common problems throttle cable slide would not fit.Joe,I must quote you on this (Now I have a box of spare parts that used to be a full kit) You just explained to me in pm that you didn't have any more spares or kits (you sold them all) Hm now what is this man? Let alone the replies you sent back to me that were terribly disrespectful,I've been respectful to you the day you messaged me an you call me a liar because the parts were used for the new motor? There's absolutely no reason to argue,you've brought this up two times now.No its not cool at all
Cant we all get along....