51 schwinn panther re-fined

GoldenMotor.com

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
i thinking in air brushing otto walker on the top of tank after i get the tank powder coated then put the vintage look HD decal's on,i believe this will look pretty good
the finish of the tank what Pat makes are sure beautiful and look insane raw as they are but i think i will like to colour this one
i going to put this tank on my other panther as i like the look of these decal's what pat sent me and powder coat my first tank

Attachments

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
Check out my other panther getting all the up grade's too i should of just re-fined this bike as i have been, it really is a fast 2stroker now re-jetted , new rear sprocket with the wide btr look wide rim's and now not to bad front drum brake that work's so now happy with the ride

Attachments

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Bike and tank with air brushed Otto are both very cool. Panthers sure do do make nice starting points for quality builds. Nice work, Mick. You don't mess around!

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
brnot Hey hsvmick, G-day mate! you have a great looking panther there, would be awesome to see both bikes pictured together. I love the Schwinn panthers, phantoms, hornets. I have a small fleet myself. I'm also currently working a Phantom with a 2-stroke motor. Needs a tank for sportscarpat as well. keep posting pics, can't wait to see more!

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Dirtyoldcruiser,
That sir is more than a small fleet. It is a lovely obsession. The Panther frame is also my very favorite. I have a 1950 build with a 4 stroke in it ("American Flyer"). Although I'm coming to appreciate the early 1950's Schwinn cantilever frames as well. They have the advantage of giving more engine room, but of course are more "modern" looking.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=49177&page=24

Above is a link to a 51 cantilever I'm working on called "kindalikeawhizzer". I like it, too.

And yes, more photos of your bikes together Mick.
SB

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
what a great fleet you have there dirtyoldcrusier,
i got my head badge from terry made of copper it looked great but it didnt stand out all that copper so i sprayed it all full gloss black then rubbed the high spots back to copper then cleared the lot here it is

Attachments

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
g'day SB,
how you been fighting the winter over your land,hope all your builds are still going well they are looking great in the threads i read ,
and the badge looks better then the photo i shot of it i very happy how it come out cheers

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
There's no fighting winter here, you just go with it and do as well as you can to stay warm. January is always frigid here. At the moment it is 10 above zero (F) and compared to the basement temps we've been having (-25 range) it feels like a heat wave and in a couple of days it will be almost above freezing which will make all the locals smile and comment on the warm weather. Now it is warm enough to snow. One or the other, snow or very cold. But that's the way it is until May. Tinkering with the bikes helps the long cold dark pass by more quickly. And you have summer weather. I hope you're getting in some great riding on your other fine Panther.
SB

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
SB,your weather seem's alittle to cold for this old kid,glad you know how to get through with your projects and the internet doesnt freeze on you ,
your right we in summer and great for ride's as i burning the tar off the roads where i travel with my first panther that is not a bad 2stroker at all
i been thinking the last couple of day's to tame it down alittle in putting on the 40t sprocket again as i really like how hard it pulled and i think lossing speed from top end i can live with on this bike

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi Mick,
Nice work as always! That custom Otto art work is beautiful. A classic picture and one of my favorites. Those forks are pretty cool, too.

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
g'day Pat,
needing a seat to suit and the fork's are great but someone on here has the really good's i seen somewhere ,????? but happy they will carry the speed of this little 2stroker

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Yup, head badge up a bit to show it off. When you go out to eat at a fine restaurant for a meal prepared with fine ingredients by a real master in the kitchen, waiting is part of the experience. Savoring each taste and presentation, knowing the bill is substantial but worth every penny. This "meal" is a treat...
SB

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
here are the hub's i am waiting on in post,i believe these will hold and handle the most from this 2stroker i not yet got the rim's i run out of money with these hub's what i have researched they say these hub's are excellent and quality plus i be running disc and a hat with this set up

Attachments