Where do our China girl engines come from?

GoldenMotor.com

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
getting back to the made in usa thing I heard, somewhere? that there"s a town or city over there China? maybe, named USA not U.S.A. meaning they can put made in usa and be truthful but decieving? now could that be possible??

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
getting back to the made in usa thing I heard, somewhere? that there"s a town or city over there China? maybe, named USA not U.S.A. meaning they can put made in usa and be truthful but decieving? now could that be possible??
If you look at the photo, the sticker has a united states flag.
Good idea though.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
On a side note do you know why a lot of stuff is now being marked
Made in America?????

Because there is now a manufacturing town named USA Japan! USA USA USA USA
takes on a whole new meaning now!:) RWL

It's not possible.

That is an old urban legend about Japan, not China.

An interesting read that will set you straight. ;)

http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/usa.asp

Last edited:

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Even a cheapskate like me knows you get more from DAX than just a sticker.
The reviews prove he is doing it right, regardless of the "Made in America" issue.
I have never said one derogatory comment about dax, asked a question that's all!
and his quality MAY be great!
but a lesson I learned a long time ago, When a man lies to you and someone
calls him out on that lie AND he fails to have any response for said allegations
Can you really trust anything he says?
just curios especially since dax post's here, his last post 12 days ago
and yet no response to this issue makes me wonder?

and if someone stood up and flat called me a liar you can bet I would defend
myself, unless of course I knew the truth was being told, then I might avoid
the issue and slink away? LOL

And remember he is selling a $150 dollar kit for $250

dishonesty is dishonesty and what has happened to America when that becomes an acceptable way to do business?

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Geez. I am sorry I even posted this now.

I have bought from DAX, everything was as advertised and shipped promptly.

I just think it's funny seeing that flag "made in USA" sticker pasted on the clutch cover of a happy time.

And as I have said before, if it costs too much, don't buy it.

You have the choice. Buy whatever you want. Stop the liar talk.

"Hey, you wanna knock this chip off my shoulder"

Damn.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Geez. I am sorry I even posted this now.

I have bought from DAX, everything was as advertised and shipped promptly.

I just think it's funny seeing that flag "made in USA" sticker pasted on the clutch cover of a happy time.

And as I have said before, if it costs too much, don't buy it.

You have the choice. Buy whatever you want. Stop the liar talk.

"Hey, you wanna knock this chip off my shoulder"

Damn.
Um lets see If I slapped a label on a Chinese car that said Made in America
You would call me a truth teller Right?

I hate soft language!!!

So just what would you call someone who boldly tells a lie?ROFL

I'll give him props for saying it with a strait face though!!!LOL

I assume (which I could be wrong) that you prefer to hear terminate with extreme prejudice
Vs. the truth; KILL THE SUCKA :)

LET'S KEEP IT REAL

I'm in a cantankerous mood tonight
Oh and you are right about one thing
I will never spend one dollar with his company of many thousands spent elsewhere

Last edited:

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Oh and one last thing and I will shut up

The forum rules say no politics however
dealing with the lies and deception rampant
among many of these vendors they should all be politicians:)usflg

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
OMG this is funny. for one thing whether his kit is made in the USA or not the fact is the kit I gave 220 for ( a 50cc ) has more power and better mpg then my sons kit he got from BGF for 150 ( 66cc ). Just looking at the hardware in the 2 motors tells you real quick that dax does go through the motors and at least replaces the hardware for better grade stuff if nothing else the time that dax spends in tearing the motors down and putting better hardware in them is worth the less then 100 buck difference. especially for a first time motorized bicycle builder like I was that dont want to take the time to pull the motor apart and fix the factory mess ups.

so lets stop bashing and just leave each to there own devices and all be friends.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
OMG this is funny. for one thing whether his kit is made in the USA or not the fact is the kit I gave 220 for ( a 50cc ) has more power and better mpg then my sons kit he got from BGF for 150 ( 66cc ). Just looking at the hardware in the 2 motors tells you real quick that dax does go through the motors and at least replaces the hardware for better grade stuff if nothing else the time that dax spends in tearing the motors down and putting better hardware in them is worth the less then 100 buck difference. especially for a first time motorized bicycle builder like I was that dont want to take the time to pull the motor apart and fix the factory mess ups.

so lets stop bashing and just leave each to there own devices and all be friends.
I agree with you on every point!
but I will add this, I am a machinist with many years experience and I know the quality
of my work, I don't know duane he could be a twenty something still wet behind
the ears, and if he will lie then how do you know he does anything except replace about $8.00 worth the screws?
I would personally have to take one apart and see what he did.
but I know what I did! and just what do you consider hardware?
nuts and bolts, bearings, main bearings, just "hardware" is very sketchy at best
check out last post by me in my thread, My work I trust!!!
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=48091

Bottom line! if a man is willing to lie to me about one thing
How can I trust anything that comes out of his mouth?

and if I had enough loose change right now I might buy one just to see

Just remember replacing a few bolts doesn't even require opening the engine.

Look I don't have a prob. with dax never ordered from there may be great quality.
I just have this problem once I catch a man lying to me how can I ever trust him on anything?:) LOL

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
I can explain later but the threads came clean out of the engine casing and there was nothing for the engine bolt to grab on to. I blew gasket after gasket and had leaks after leaks. Fixed it with a helicoil set. When I got it back together and it was not running nice. I remember what you said about how to piston can hit the top. Threw on a second gasket.
Now she's running real nice.
.wee.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I cant say what all has been replaced. for 1 I have not tore into my son's bgf to compare but being a mechanic ( that cant wrench on cars anymore ) and being raised by a dad that was a master machinist the quality I've seen inside my dax f50 and the f80 I just got has really surprised me a lot. my dad was big on USA this and that but when I first started building old school Toyotas he changed his tune some after his first drive in one of them lol. then when I pulled a head off and went to his shop with it to do some work on it his jaw dropped at the fact that the chamber desine was a hemi and the alum was so hard that I had to use some of his best cutting tools to work on it lol.

so in short for my own personal motorized bicycle builds Ill use Dax. For everyone info Dax engines do not come with made in USA stamped on them.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I can explain later but the threads came clean out of the engine casing and there was nothing for the engine bolt to grab on to. I blew gasket after gasket and had leaks after leaks. Fixed it with a helicoil set. When I got it back together and it was not running nice. I remember what you said about how to piston can hit the top. Threw on a second gasket.
Now she's running real nice.
.wee.
That's a bummer but it sounds like you know what you're doing.
did you mill the heads flat IE; glass and sandpaper wet dry used wet?
can also make a real dif.
Glad you are happy again

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
No, but that sounds like a good idea! Do you do that with your engines?
Yes I do and it really helps! what I did was take a sharpy and completely
color in ring on head and flat on jug let it dry and lightly sand, within 30 seconds
I could see how un-flat it was.
But first I would see where the piston is at TDC before taking off to much.
I had enough room to remove the ring on the head and what a compression
difference it made!