Im new please help with my common knowledge

GoldenMotor.com

shifter

Jan 22, 2012
hicksville
I am deciding to buy a 66cc engine for my bicycle ( about 50pounds) and I was wondering how fast i would go on a flat ground. Also which kit is the best for its price i have a $160 limit. I also have the conserns of the new jersey moped laws, so do they need to inspect my bike (in nj 50cc is the highest you can go) and what will they do if it is 66cc's? And in the way of bike lights i dont want small little lights (im picky) im looking for the lights that are on the tomos lx moped. Also in the ways of a key ignition, is it possible?? Thanks

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Howdy and welcome to the best motor bike forum on the www.

I don't have the exact answers to your questions but they have been answered here numerous times. If you utilize the google search box, here on the site, you will find enough reading to keep you up all night.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Welcome to the forum!

Here's what you can expect roughly, speedwise, with a 26" wheel bike and a 66cc, acknowledging a 6000RPM redline:

20 with 56T
26 with 44T
32 with 36T
38 with 30T

They can be spun to 8000 and beyond, but they often won't last long unless built nice.

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
A Chinese 2 cycle only adds about 20 pounds to the bike. Getting bright lights will depend on the size battery you have as these engines won't supply power for a higher 3W or so light. Not in NJ..can't answer what will happen, and you probably don't want to know, I'm sure it's not good. Maybe you need to stick with a 49cc.
$160.00 limit...you want might buy off of Fleabay. They are all a crap shot. ignition key for the electrical shouldn't be any problem, that is if you can handle the wiring of it.

Good start is to read this, along with the many stickies.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GcesQihc7-mm3hJGf7UPiqOaRXZ8ekUT99QUZq2qXXE/edit

Last edited:

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I don't think you can do a build for $160. You could buy the kit, but you will more than likely run into scenario's that will have you buying more parts online. I'd say do a lot of research looking at what people have to say on this forum before goin at it.

You could have a key switch but it won't start your motor.. It'll basically be your kill switch whether it is on or off. If you want an electric starter on your china girl engine you'll need to fabricate one up yourself.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I don't think you can do a build for $160. You could buy the kit, but you will more than likely run into scenario's that will have you buying more parts online. I'd say do a lot of research looking at what people have to say on this forum before goin at it.

You could have a key switch but it won't start your motor.. It'll basically be your kill switch whether it is on or off. If you want an electric starter on your china girl engine you'll need to fabricate one up yourself.
Right.... The cheapest kit I've seen recently is close to $156.00 shipped. Then without doubt, I'd add another $50.00 or so for hardware upgrades. I have never ordered from these people, Have no idea if the price is valid.
http://gasbicyclekits.com/ab49cc.html

Added one to my checkout...he can't receive money....oh well.

Next will be one off of Fleabay for $172.00 shipped, from someone I won't do business with...Boy Go Fast

Last edited: