Waving hello from the Mitten!

GoldenMotor.com

Diceman

Oct 2, 2011
Michigan
Hello to everyone from the state you wear on your hand! Short time lurker, first time poster here on the Motor Bicycling forms. I was introduced to the whole motorized bike thing by anim8r (I'm sure you've seen him around).
So, we are working on our first build and it's pretty great. Anim8r brought me on to his build as the "muscle". I've been an auto mechanic for 6 years, an electrician for 2 years and now I write service manuals. I love that this hobby utilizes all my current skills and forces me to learn new ones (can you say, f-a-b-r-i-c-a-t-i-o-n? I knew you could.). We've got a nice little china girl in the garage (oh, wait, that does not sound right!) and things are moving....slowly but they are moving forward! I can't wait to pick motor and a bike and bring a second one in!
One thing that we've been looking into and would really appreciate some help on is torque specifications. I'd love to strip this little engine down but I'd like to have some torque specs for the head bolts. Anyone, anyone? (Bueller?)
So, I'm off to lurk and maybe post something (hopefully it's something intelligent).

:-||

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Welcome , those specs are out there I have found them myself (just cant remember where) . ya know what would be really cool write a service manual on these bikes , I know not all bikes engines are the same but in general they all are It could turn out to be a very usefull tool for some of the newbies who have little mechanical or electrical exp . Maybe get the info from our members many of these guys are extreemly well versed in the build an repair of these bikes an motors , an I can say for myself they have helped an inspired me an I have experience with motors .
Gary

Last edited:

Diceman

Oct 2, 2011
Michigan
ya know what would be really cool write a service manual on these bikes , I know not all bikes engines are the same but in general they all are It could turn out to be a very usefull tool for some of the newbies who have little mechanical or electrical exp. Maybe get the info from our members many of these guys are extreemly well versed in the build an repair of these bikes an motors , an I can say for myself they have helped an inspired me an I have experience with motors.
Gary
This is a good idea. Perhaps after I get a better feel for the ins and outs of motorized bike building I'll do just this. A daunting task for sure, but as you say, very helpful.

And thanks for the warm reception everyone!