about to order my engine kit

GoldenMotor.com

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
So, I planned on buying the bike, then ordering the engine a few months later. I had a change of mind, and figured why wait? So I'm about to order the kit probably on Wednesday, the 10th.
I plan on ordering a 66cc kit, but I'm stuck between a few. I mainly wanted to know the difference between them. I'm ordering probably from the same company, and haven't contacted them yet.
Please help.

Should I get the GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Angle Fire Slant Head Bike Motor Kit.
GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Slant Head Bike Motor Kit (Standard Finish)

or should I get the Jet 66cc/80cc, Standard Finish
Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Motor - Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Engine Kit - 66cc Bicycle Engine Kit

or the Silver Slant 66cc/80cc
Silver Slant 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Motor - Silver Slant 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Engine Kit - 66cc Bicycle Engine Kit

There is also a Silver Flying Horse 66cc/80cc Bicycle Engine Kits
Silver Flying Horse 66cc/80cc Bike Motor Kit - Silver Flying Horse 66cc/80cc Motorized Bicycle Motor Kits

I have heard good things about the 80cc Raw Motor Bicycle Engine Kit
80cc Raw Bike Motor Kit EPA Certified - 80cc Raw Motorized Bicycle Motor Kits EPA Certified
It's listed as discontinued, but still on their page.

I have done a lot of research, and I know that they are basically the same. But any negatives on either of these? I'm not looking to do 40MPH, Don't care if I go over 30. I'm 5ft 10 and 185, and I just want to go around my neighborhood without taking the big motorcycle out.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thank you in advance.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
donphantasmo,

you will likely get many differing opinions on the questions asked here, but there is one opinion that you will likely here from the majority of us here and that is " Don't order your engine kit from gasbike.net"

If you will do a search on this forum concerning many negative experiences with dealing with those people at gasbike.net you will know wht many of us will quickly steer yo away from doing business with them, I'm NOT bashing gasbike here at all but they have proven many time to be very unreliable and you will likely het a Grubee GT5 kit reguardless of which one you order from them, they tend to always send that kit no matter what someone orders.

Now, against some members advice I have bought all of my kits from BGF on ebay, I dont neccesarily recom. everyone do this, I understood from the beggining that there would likely be no service after the sale or much of a waranty if I had a problem, but I took that chance because of the price difference at the time, from what I've seen lately, prices are not to far off from most other sellers now so I would probably purchase a new kit elsewhere if I needed one now, I have heard many good reports about Products this is most likely where I will order another kit in the future, I have not heard of any bad experiences with this seller that I can remember and they offer very good prices on there kits and many have said that they have been extremely happy with the "RAW" kit engines.

Gasbike.net is known for horrible customer service and for not sending people what they order, I have never heard any of this about Products others also offer great service that advertise on this forum but some of them are just charging to much for their kits in my opinion so even though I really like them and there products & service I just wont buy their china girl kits at the much higher prices.

:Here is the waranty information on Products :

You have 24 hours from date of arrival of your kit to claim any missing or damaged parts. After 24 hours we will no longer warranty any parts. Bicycle Engine fits on standard 25mm 29mm frame tube. Anything bigger or different in size will need to be drilled into your frame and the use of a universal face plate. We are giving you a full 6 months warranty (exchange) on our RAW engines. However, this will not cover engine seizure if the correct ratio of oil and petrol is not used.

If they honor this waranty, it aint to bad in my book, and better than the most for what you'll pay for the kits they sell.

Just my $0.02 worth here, nothing more....nothing less.....!

Best wishes on what ever you decide to go with.

Peace, map

.flg.

So, I planned on buying the bike, then ordering the engine a few months later. I had a change of mind, and figured why wait? So I'm about to order the kit probably on Wednesday, the 10th.
I plan on ordering a 66cc kit, but I'm stuck between a few. I mainly wanted to know the difference between them. I'm ordering probably from the same company, and haven't contacted them yet.
Please help.

Should I get the GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Angle Fire Slant Head Bike Motor Kit.
GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Slant Head Bike Motor Kit (Standard Finish)

or should I get the Jet 66cc/80cc, Standard Finish
Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Motor - Jet 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Engine Kit - 66cc Bicycle Engine Kit

or the Silver Slant 66cc/80cc
Silver Slant 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Motor - Silver Slant 80cc 2 Stroke Bicycle Engine Kit - 66cc Bicycle Engine Kit

There is also a Silver Flying Horse 66cc/80cc Bicycle Engine Kits
Silver Flying Horse 66cc/80cc Bike Motor Kit - Silver Flying Horse 66cc/80cc Motorized Bicycle Motor Kits

I have heard good things about the 80cc Raw Motor Bicycle Engine Kit
80cc Raw Bike Motor Kit EPA Certified - 80cc Raw Motorized Bicycle Motor Kits EPA Certified
It's listed as discontinued, but still on their page.

I have done a lot of research, and I know that they are basically the same. But any negatives on either of these? I'm not looking to do 40MPH, Don't care if I go over 30. I'm 5ft 10 and 185, and I just want to go around my neighborhood without taking the big motorcycle out.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
MAPBIKE:

You have been very helpful. I know about the RAW engines, and I heard they are very very reliable. I had just totally forgot about it, since they weren't on the gasbike.net web-page.
And now that you mention it, I do recollect a few people saying negative things, not about the engine itself, but about the customer servicec experiance with gasbike.net. I know I'm only spending 150 bucks, and it's not a lot of money. But, I live in a city (new Orleans) where customer service is HORRRRIIIIIBBBBLLLLEEEE and I would like to deal with good people. I will just go to the RAW ENGINE page, and order it directly from them.

Again, thank you very much for your help. This is why I joined this site, people like you.

Love, peach, and chain grease!!

Romeo "DONPhantasmo"

Aug 2, 2011
San Diego, Califronia
The BEST engine i have EVER USED came from raw motors and it was the 80cc. I will never use any other brand. My friends have gotton other brands and, even if they have a expansion chamber, i go faster on my stock RAW 80.

RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW! Plus, the shipping and customer care is great!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thank you.

Glad I could help DONphantasmo, hope your build works out great for ya........

Peace, map

MAPBIKE:

You have been very helpful. I know about the RAW engines, and I heard they are very very reliable. I had just totally forgot about it, since they weren't on the gasbike.net web-page.
And now that you mention it, I do recollect a few people saying negative things, not about the engine itself, but about the customer servicec experiance with gasbike.net. I know I'm only spending 150 bucks, and it's not a lot of money. But, I live in a city (new Orleans) where customer service is HORRRRIIIIIBBBBLLLLEEEE and I would like to deal with good people. I will just go to the RAW ENGINE page, and order it directly from them.

Again, thank you very much for your help. This is why I joined this site, people like you.

Love, peach, and chain grease!!

Romeo "DONPhantasmo"

PerryP180

Jun 24, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Some say that the slant has a slightly higher compression therefore more power. Maybe, maybe not. The big thing about the slant is that it fits easier in tighter spaces. With the spark plug at a slant, it takes up less room. The only negative I know about the slants is that some dealers charge slightly more for them. The head can be flipped either way to make the spark plug slant forward or backward. It just depends on what works best for you.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
donphantasmo

I have both slant head and straight plug engines, I cant tell a dimes worth of difference in the power level between the two really, the combustion chamber on the slants is smaller which would cause an increase in compression, but my " lower compression" straight plug engines run and pull just as well and seem to actually run a bit smoother than the slants, I say either one is as good as the other and like it was mentioned, the slant comes in handy if there is a clearance problem with the straight plug engine, but unless you are putting the engine on a small frame bike it isn't a problem most of the time in my experience, I have MT with straight plug engine and a beach cruiser with a straight plug engine and they both have plenty of room for either one.

Peace, map

OK, so I'm definitely getting a RAW engine. Which one is better, the slant or the regular? What's the big difference?

Attachments

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I'm pretty disgusted with these guys right now. I've called RAW for 2 days straight, I've called about 5 or 6 other sellers, but no one has picked up the phone yet. Is this what I should expect from these guys???

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I know, Gary. I've read it, and commented on it. I don't know if it's a small mom-n-pop run establishment, and there is something going on with the family. But what's weird is that NO ONE is picking up the phone. I've called a few others, and NOTHING.
I'm getting pretty frusterated. I NEED AN ENGINE KIT, AND I CAN'T FIND A DECENT SELLER TO GET ME ONE!!!

PerryP180

Jun 24, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I know this will probably catch a lot of flak but here goes. I've done a few orders with gasbike.net and have been pleased for the most part. The first kit I ordered in June took 12 days to get to me. The web site said same day shipment so I kept calling to see why the order hadn't progressed beyond "being processed" for a week and never could get to the shipping department. Seems that the shipping dept. is only open for about three hours a day. I never got an answer but I did get the kit and had no problems. The next two I received in about 7 days. No problems. Parts I've ordered have usually come withing 7 days. I've had no problems with any of it but I suspect it would be a nightmare if I tried to get someone on the phone. All of mine have been web orders. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again but I know I'm taking a chance. I think they are afraid of direct human contact.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've bought 2 of these kits and had great results with them, I know some will slam BGF for not having a good waranty, but he always answers his email in my experience and he has a great selection of spare parts, I have always gotten exactly what I've ordered from him and he ships quick everytime I've ordered.

Here is a link to his web page and a complete 66/80cc Kit that comes with a 41T sprocket which is ideal for most conditions unless you are looking for a 30+MPH cruise speed that is somewhat comfortable, and then I recommend getting a 36T later on for that.

Anyway her eis the link and I think you would be happy with this kit, I know I have been so far..... here is my Karaoke with this engine on it, runs great.....!

80cc BICYCLE motor kit motorized gas engine bike Z2-80

peace, map

I know, Gary. I've read it, and commented on it. I don't know if it's a small mom-n-pop run establishment, and there is something going on with the family. But what's weird is that NO ONE is picking up the phone. I've called a few others, and NOTHING.
I'm getting pretty frusterated. I NEED AN ENGINE KIT, AND I CAN'T FIND A DECENT SELLER TO GET ME ONE!!!

Attachments

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I just ordered a kit from Piston Bikes. The customer service was outstanding, and it made me get a fron springer fork, adjustable stand, front brakes, and a new saddle. It should arrive at my doorstep on Monday. I strongly recommend them. Talk to Robert and tell him Romeo sent you.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Good deal, I cant remember ever buying from Piston Bikes so I couldn't point you toward them, it is great to hear about your excellent experience so far with them and I hope you have a very trouble free build.

Congrats on getting the engine & parts on the way.....

Peace, map

I just ordered a kit from Piston Bikes. The customer service was outstanding, and it made me get a fron springer fork, adjustable stand, front brakes, and a new saddle. It should arrive at my doorstep on Monday. I strongly recommend them. Talk to Robert and tell him Romeo sent you.