aftermarket exhaust?

GoldenMotor.com

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
I have yet to install my 2-stroke chinese engine - I've watched youtube videos and seen a few guys around town and really find the NOISE to be dreadful.

Can these engines be silenced better? I don't want to be that guy- you know?

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
The stock one that came with my engine was **** quiet.

However, yes you can probalby go find some more, the best one you can get is one you'll make yourself. I made myself an exhaust, however mine was alot louder/powerful.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
You know that obnoxious weedwhacker and leaf-blower those landscaping/lawn service guys use?

I have a GP460 with a shift kit on my MB. Shifting gears makes the engine not so objectionable.

My ADA S1 pipe is maybe a little quieter than stock muffler. I'm gonna try the Happy Time SBP pipe and see how loud and powerful it is, on this 4.2hp xct2radio-control engine.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
You know that obnoxious weedwhacker and leaf-blower those landscaping/lawn service guys use?

I have a GP460 with a shift kit on my MB. Shifting gears makes the engine not so objectionable.

My ADA S1 pipe is maybe a little quieter than stock muffler. I'm gonna try the Happy Time SBP pipe and see how loud and powerful it is, on this 4.2hp xct2radio-control engine.
lets see some pics of that set up, sounds very interesting, I have looked at the engine you have several times myself and thought it might make a good alternative set up.

would love to see how you did it.....

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
So, you guys don't know.. what about- just putting ANY OL' exhaust I want on it.. from like a moped.. I know it'll really cut down power- but will it kill ALOT of power.

I just don't want a noisy bike that's all. I think you guys should be more serious about this considering all it's gonna take is a few noisey riders past the governors mansions at 3:30AM and it's a big freaking BAN. And once they're BANNED anything- it'll never be UN-BANNED.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
I have yet to install my 2-stroke chinese engine - I've watched youtube videos and seen a few guys around town and really find the NOISE to be dreadful.

Can these engines be silenced better? I don't want to be that guy- you know?
What do you have for a bike?I could make you one.PM me.Kip.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
If performance isn't a priority than the classic "poopoo" pipe (available frm a number of vendors) is a simple & inexpensive solution as just length alone reduces noise considerably;

Yet if ya want the best of both worlds lol, you can take a full-length expansion chamber system w/a glasspack silencer and modify it to quiet it down as described here: http://motorbicycling.com/f3/whats-difference-20708.html as well as the after silencers (basically lawn mower mufflers) that are offered with that thought in mind, as well as the header wrap many have used ;)

Last edited:

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
I am also trying to find ways to make my exhaust quieter. I stuff some exhaust stuffing (steel wool) on the can but didn't really made it quieter. I kinda like that poopoo pipe, how much does that cost?

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Check out my sound dampener comparison in video threads- dampeners on sale a Bikeberry for Veterans day weekend I think or easy to make

http://motorbicycling.com/f46/sound-dampener-before-after-comparison-33402.html

Yes- I have a long pipe on my 66 build- I had to cut and extend with aluminum so that the bottom part runs under the crank- it's all held togerther with radiator worm clamps- that cut the noise SIGNIFICANTLY. I think you can see it in the vid.

running a bigger gear if you're not climbing mountains or real heavy helps, because you get some nice cruising speed without winding up the motor so much. A 36 rear sprocket has served me well.

alkllimike

Nov 13, 2008
Pima Az
I know that this is a little late but I will post anyway. I have a 60 cc 2 stroke that is on a schwinn Delmar. It had the stock exhaust which I thought was fairly quite. I just wanted an exhaust that went to the rear of the bike to keep the exhaust stuff off of the rear wheel and rim. Well I found that half inch conduit fits the inside of the exhaust pipe like a glove. I have a conduit bender and for $2.00 I bent me a pipe that goes from the exhaust port to the back wheel. I cut the stock exhaust at the exhaust flange and welded it to the now exhaust pipe and welded the muffler to the extended exhaust pipe. The result are that I have a quieter exhaust that doesn't spit stuff on my bike. Maybe I lost a little top end speed, although not that noticeable, but I fell that I get better low end power, which I like. My muffler curled up at the end about 45 degrees from horizontal. So I took a 45 degree half inch cooper fitting and JB welded that onto the muffler stub. That even quieted it down some more. Very happy how it turned out. Power where I want it, No stuff on my bike, quieter and I think it looks good. Mike

alkllimike

Nov 13, 2008
Pima Az
Can you show us some pics of your mod? I'm very interested.
I will give it a try. I spend the winter in AZ and the computer service and computer are not very good.

The half inch conduit will slip inside of the pipe on the stock muffler. I cut he exhaust flange off leaving about 2 inches of pipe. This will slip out side of the conduit. with a conduit bender I reshaped the conduit to clear the frame an it follow under the frame pas the kick stand within about 3-4 inches of the back wheel drop out only under the frame. At this point I slipped the rest of the exhaust pipe with the muffler attached onto the conduit exhaust pipe. I have a mig welder and tacked it in place, took it off and welded it. I added a support bracket on to the chain tension bracket. Like I said the muffler actually curls up at about a 45 degrees because of the orginal bend of the pipe. I could have cut the pipe close to the muffler and it would be horizontal to the ground but I kinda like the up sweep look. I the JB weld the cooper 45 degree fitting on the stub of the muffler just to keep water from entering the exhaust. I was surprised that also added to the exhaust being quieter.

I have a OCC chopper and it had a ebay exhaust that I had put on it. It was too loud so I did the same to it, actually I did that first. I did not use the half inch conduit I used the exhaust that I had on it and welded the the muffler in to the back of that pipe with a reducer. If you can't weld you could braze the pipes together. Brazing is a lot easier then welding.

I will try to get picture maybe tomorrow, Give it a try.