How would I organize a race in Colorado?

GoldenMotor.com

Atomicflyer

Jan 31, 2010
Louisville CO
First of all I am glad I have found this site!! I started making these bicycles from almost scratch in 2002. I have made about fourteen bikes. All of the owners wanted to start racing, so we did. Now I would like to know what it would take to host a race in Colorado this summer? Our Group is called the SIDECAR HEROES. Any one who has information is greatly appreciated. I will post bike pictures soon!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
heh - welcome to the forum Atomicflyer, and I pray I don't sound the wiseass when I say it sounds like ya already did "organize" a race - simply do it again FTW :D

If you wanna be a touch more professional and "formal" about the event, first thing is to check yer local laws pertaining to motorized bicycles - you wouldn't wanna draw undue legal attention should ya'll perhaps not meet the exact letter of the law.

Second thing would be to find a place to have the event, obviously a track is best but even an adequately sized parking lot will do for a race - if there's no racing involved then just about anywhere will do, depending on size and duration you may wanna consider campgrounds.

Lastly, the problem arises of liability. Many land/business owners rightly fear being sued 'cause someone got hurt, best to clear this up before any plans are laid. Once that's done check to see if there are any permits required for such a gathering and get 'em if it's needful.

For alla the above, ask around yer local motorheads for good places to have an event - their clubs will have most likely jumped through all the hoops before and would have invaluable advice regarding your specific area.

Lookin' forward to those promised bike pics lol ;)

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
SpookyTooth rented a kart racing track in Tucson (Death Race).
A simpler thing might be to race in a parking lot, like the autocross racers.
Racing on public roads can end badly.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm not interested in racing anymore; had my fill of that. But if you'd like to try to get a bunch of us Colorado guys together for a day of riding, I'll offer what help I can.
Tom

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
id love to race....there has been a growing number of these bikes up in fort fun....i think everyone would like to race em and not just around the nieghbor hood like we've been doing....i know i had to make my bike faster when my friend dusted me...a track day would be awesome

Atomicflyer

Jan 31, 2010
Louisville CO
Cool!! I am down in Erie. I have three of us that want to organize something this summer at the Erie circle track. How many guys do you think you could get to race? Go Rammies! I am a CSU fine art grad.