Need a little contructive Criticism (No Hooter's Link) =)

GoldenMotor.com

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Hey guys sorry about my last upload thing, I just went to any old site not knowing, Im not to sure if you guys remember my last bike but some people gave me corrections to; change the intake Mani back to the stock rather than the straight one, and some other stuff. So tell me what you guys think. I think it looks a little messy, and created some devices to solve some my problems.

(Sorry for the last picture upload) lol

Attachments

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Any problems visable?
I'm sure I would miss something that someone else with more experience than myself would not mis. But the only thing I did see was the plug for you magneto cover isn't in place and that's not good in the rain.

I circled it in red, I hope you can see what I am talking about.

Attachments

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
Whats all that random bracket handiwork for near the carb? Looks dangerous.

Your "tensioner" certainly is. If you absolutely must run a secondary drive chain tensioner move it to the slack side. The idler wheel is under load ready to fold up under pressure into the wheel, drive chain or both causing a expensive and painful lockup in a mess of flying spokes and two fast moving bike chains. ( Not forgetting the blood & bruises )

Redo the front mount with straight metal parts, not bent scrap.

Redo the exhaust, header length should be about 12" and not coat the motor with crap.

Terminate the white wire properly. When it shorts It kills the engine.

Terminate your clutch cable, the frayed end will draw blood.

I also think your front sprocket may be bolted up wrong, the pic is a little dark to confirm.

Its a messy install, too much scrap metal and exhaust clamps (you asked for criticism )

And finally, don't ride it until its fixed.

Last edited:

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Wow harsh, lol. Thanks I will take it into Consideration, Sofar, that front mount works really really good, I havent had any problems. I Did mess around with the tensioner, and moved it. Im not actually done yet I have to think of something to do with the white wire, I think I might make a kill switch. As for the frount sprocket, Im sure its on right. Thanks alot for the Critism. Feel free to shout out more. = )

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
For sure you did not follow the SBP installation instructions.

Your freewheel goes on the inside for starters - there is no way you can align the chain like that. You have an abortion of a chain tensioner - yet you have half the unused SBP bracket in place and you aren't using it. Remove a couple links and tension your chain per the instructions.

The loose frayed wires..............I better quit now. Sorry.

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
Hey Pablo, he tried. You missed the stiff half link in the first photo.
Its right by the nasty gouging on the frame.

I'd still like to know what the conglomeration of brackets is for.

Also check the 1 missing and 1 proud bolts on the clutch cover.

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Hey Pablo, he tried. You missed the stiff half link in the first photo.
Its right by the nasty gouging on the frame.

I'd still like to know what the conglomeration of brackets is for.

Also check the 1 missing and 1 proud bolts on the clutch cover.
Well, I just put that there to compensate for the small bracket that I was suppost to put on my SBP shifter kit.

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
For sure you did not follow the SBP installation instructions.

Your freewheel goes on the inside for starters - there is no way you can align the chain like that. You have an abortion of a chain tensioner - yet you have half the unused SBP bracket in place and you aren't using it. Remove a couple links and tension your chain per the instructions.

The loose frayed wires..............I better quit now. Sorry.
What do you mean by my freewheel goes on the inside? And I did correct the Chain Tensioner, its no longer there. My bike frame was really a BIG problem I didnt figure this out until I brought it. The rear stays were designed funny (messing with my bike chain when I put in the SBP front freewheel), and the tubes were big...

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Well I did some things that were not entirely necessary. The muffler mod was not as good as the tuned pipe finally ran my tuned pipe on the top I got lucky it tucked in rather well. The J shaft is a working item. It can be tuned in by half links and there chain tensioner. Starting to think you got too much time on your hands like me. Here was what I did http://motorbicycling.com/f15/sbp-jack-shaft-rules-6862.html it really was not necessary but it seamed fun to trick it out. I don't use that pipe any more. The original motor went 2000 miles had to take it off to repair a major vacuum leak internal to the rear of the case.

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Yes I know that not everyone has a welder. I put my post to make you feel better! If you look closely mines funny too .LOL My muffler looks like bat droppings for welds. I will clean it up later . The muffler is supported at the rear with a bracket welded and bolted to the unused brake mount hole. That was the only weld that came out the best you cant see. Go figure. The SBP j shaft is a good kit! I just wanted to trick mine out. I do kinda like the pipe this way . I get the Idea I am really lubing that exhaust port.

Last night I had a nightmare last night! I dreamed I was a muffler! Its true................... In the morning I was exhausted!

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
You just needed me for a next door neighbor no telling the stuff to come! No but seriously I am a morini engine guy now! Oh man wow untapped energy it is very clear you put time into this. If you was in my company I would try to tap it it. God Bless! Untapped energy my heart goes out to you good Luke the folks here will not give up on you! We are just too cool like that!

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
What do you mean by my freewheel goes on the inside? And I did correct the Chain Tensioner, its no longer there. My bike frame was really a BIG problem I didnt figure this out until I brought it. The rear stays were designed funny (messing with my bike chain when I put in the SBP front freewheel), and the tubes were big...
I didn't mean to come on as overly harsh. You asked for brutal honesty. I was a tired dog last night.

Yes look at the installation instructions starting on Page 3

http://sickbikeparts.com/Manuals/SBP Manual004 Rev B.pdf

I've asked Jim (Ghost0) to come into this thread, but the SBP chain tensioner serves two purposes, it does the obvious, and it also stabilizes your engine with a minimum of effort and bracketry.

I did see the half link....I said I didn't list everything......Jim should wake up soon...maybe I'll call him.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I have seen all this before and have commented on most of what you all have already said. I was never provided a good photo of the right side of the bike so I did not see that the chainring and freewheel assembly was wrong. I will snap a few pics to show how it is done.

First note there is no oil leaking everywhere, if there is a leak there is something wrong at it should be fixed. If your engine is not clean when something does start to go wrong you will never know it.

Also note the use of the chain adjuster and the correctly assembly of the chainrings to the freewheel. The larger chainring goes outside of the freewheel flange.

There are also no unnecessary items and everything is where it belongs. No wires hanging here or there. Everything has a purpose and everything has its place. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Last edited:

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Well I did some things that were not entirely necessary. The muffler mod was not as good as the tuned pipe finally ran my tuned pipe on the top I got lucky it tucked in rather well. The J shaft is a working item. It can be tuned in by half links and there chain tensioner. Starting to think you got too much time on your hands like me. Here was what I did http://motorbicycling.com/f15/sbp-jack-shaft-rules-6862.html it really was not necessary but it seamed fun to trick it out. I don't use that pipe any more. The original motor went 2000 miles had to take it off to repair a major vacuum leak internal to the rear of the case.
SO what your saying is that I can use Multiple Half links to tension the chain?

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Unfortunatly its raining by me right now... But I didnt even realize that the whole front freewheel was screwed up. wow.... Thats probally the reason why my chain kept comming off... I did have a little residue on the side comming right off the exhaust port. Im not to sure what it is. I will double check the tension of the bolts on the exhaust port. wow I cant believe that I didnt realize that. It will probally solve ALOT of problems that Im having thanks alot guys. I still have to clean up the bike a bit. like the wires, etc, and brackets.

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
I have seen all this before and have commented on most of what you all have already said. I was never provided a good photo of the right side of the bike so I did not see that the chainring and freewheel assembly was wrong. I will snap a few pics to show how it is done.

First note there is no oil leaking everywhere, if there is a leak there is something wrong at it should be fixed. If your engine is not clean when something does start to go wrong you will never know it.

Also note the use of the chain adjuster and the correctly assembly of the chainrings to the freewheel. The larger chainring goes outside of the freewheel flange.

There are also no unnecessary items and everything is where it belongs. No wires hanging here or there. Everything has a purpose and everything has its place. Hope this helps.
Did you notice the conglomeration of brackets by my Carburator? Well im wondering if I should take it off? I thought that I could use it as a substitute to the bracket was was suppost to put? I think it helps though.