Hi... from Australia

GoldenMotor.com

BrassoMan

Apr 15, 2009
Sydney, Australia
LoL, thanks for all the welcomes. I just managed to put the engine on my bike, so now im upto fitting the controls, and once again these instructions i got only want to make me ask more questions -.-

BrassoMan

Apr 15, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Hi, ive fitted the engine and the rear sprocket so far. when it says you need to drill a small hole in the handle bar to locate the throttle tit, what does it mean and do i really need to drill a hole?
Thanks

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have done it with and with out. The lil nub thing can be broken off if you choose not to drill a hole for it. But have found it is better to drill. Not all that hard with a drill press but a real pain with a hand drill. Is an optional thing. If you do drill the hole, just use the throttle to line up where the hole should be and mark the spot with a sharpie or magic marker. Some handle bars will have markings already but never seem to be close enough to the end of the bar but have the angle right.

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Brassoman I always drill a hole for the pin, it stops the throttle from twisting around if the clamping screws work themselves loose, from end of handle bar measure 12.5mm back & center punch on mark, then drill 4.5mm hole

BrassoMan

Apr 15, 2009
Sydney, Australia
looks good brasso. what bike is that looks perfect for the motor.

Hope it goes all good. congrats
Thanks for all the welcomes again.
The bike: the frame only just fits in the bike (had to drill a hole in it because the clamp for the frame didnt fit), the left pedal scrapes against the muffler a little but i think its ok.

The bike is an old one ive had for a few years, says "Blizzard Holstar" on it. I think it was bought from learsports.

Any quick tips about what sort of oil is best for the run in period, and what ratio?
And for all I know, you start the bike by pressing that little brown nob down for 5 secs or so, then pedal with clutch disengaged then engage it. Is this correct?

Thanks

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey, i got my bike going and ive done like six posts... i think

How long do i have to be a "newbie" for until im a "member"?
You are a active member already BrassoMan dance1

If you are asking about the tittle under your user name

Motorized Bicycle Newbie 0 posts
Motorized Bicycle Member 20 posts
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member 50 posts
Motorized Bicycle Master Member 100 posts

You have 10 post

Last edited: