Stoked In San Diego!

GoldenMotor.com

Shady760

Apr 18, 2016
San Diego CA
Duuuuddddeeee.....ha ha ha!

I'm Chris I'm new to the whole motorized bicycle industry! I'm finding it very exciting and fun to be involved with. I recently had gotten a 2nd DUI that's a whole story in itself, SMH! Anyways, public transportation here is not the quickest or easiest way of getting around and UBER well it cost quite a bit after awhile. So I started looking into Scooters, but just couldn't see myself on one. Then boom found a guy with a beach cruiser and a 2 stroke on it, and I was in love! ha! Every since then I've been hooked! I recently got a new addition to my family that I'm so ready for my project. I just purchased a 49cc 4 Stroke motor this evening along with the conversion kit for the pedal crank. Looking forward to seeing how this all pans out. I currently have a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke I ride, well the 4 stroke I ride the 2 stroke is in progress trying to get it from revving so high when I pull in the clutch, tomorrow's project!

I'm from Ohio originally was in the United States Marine Corps which landed me in San Diego and now medically retired from the Corps and love San Diego!

Until next time,
Cheers!

.flg.

Attachments

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Welcome, and thank you for your service.

When was your last psychological evaluation?
You like the People's Republik Kalifornia? You gotta be crazy...lol enjoy the beach, but don't forget the sunglasses for wandering eyes!

Shady760

Apr 18, 2016
San Diego CA
Thanks Dave31 & Mogollonmonster for the welcome!
I'm learning more and more on this forum wish I would had found it a couple months back. But better late than never. Keep the sunglasses on all the time :)

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
.flg.

Welcome to the Forum Shady! I see you have a Cool as heck GT frame hooked to the 2 stroke. Looking good, but will look better when its off the rack and on the road.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hi Shady, welcome.
Did you know that when entering a post it's OK to use line and even paragraph breaks in the post?

Simple actually, just hit the enter key as you type.
What this does is allow what you type to be easily read by others, like this ;-}

As for your build, COOL, but I highly recommend you powder coat that bare frame before you start, they don't fare well exposed to weather over time.
It's like ~$100 but worth it, and you can pick whatever color you can imagine ;-}

Here is an example of that frame coated with the same front fork you are using on it.

If you want that silver look, PC it silver, but at least coat it with something is my advice.

Last edited:

Shady760

Apr 18, 2016
San Diego CA
Hey KCVale,

Thanks for the heads up on the spacing! Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks! ha!

Nice looking bike with the powder coat, I'll end up doing something soon, called a guy that paints motorcycles and quoted me $250 would take 5-8 days to complete, so that's on pause until I buy another one to ride in the meantime while that one gets completed.

But good looking out on the advice def. appreciated! Do have a question though the bolts for the exhaust muffler where is a good place to get them and how long. I took my exhaust off mine the other night to check it out and the bolts were threaded half way on each side, thought about just chopping it in half and using the remainder if there's enough room.

Also been looking at SickBikeParts Air Filter think I'm going to pull the plug on that at the same time, hoping to get some more speed, right now cruising at 25-27 mph.

Last edited: