Feedback

GoldenMotor.com

jonboy2five

Jul 23, 2008
spring tx horth suburb of houston
of course that works...its a kit not a DIY project. a weedeater motor and that kit (sans motor) will work, but i think the kit is at least $250, and look what you get...a few rods brackets bearings and a spindle (friction drive) what a deal! that s why i am (trying) doing my own project...

Mobius

Jul 29, 2008
Oregon
Its not a kit hes talking about making/buying the parts yourself and building it

yes there are a few things you have to buy yourself but its definately not a kit

jonboy2five

Jul 23, 2008
it sure looked like a full kit in the first video, because everything looked to be there, even the the 3-sided shroud (cover) for the friction drive... all i was trying to say was that i feel the kit prices dont add up to the sum of their parts, and it looks like you and i are on the same page...DIY BABY!

jonboy2five

Jul 23, 2008
hey man i re-watched the videos.. quote " an overview of all the parts in the KIT" that is just an install video of a full kit. BUT, if you find or make your own parts to mirror the kit you will have a perfectly viable project for very little $... good luck

Mobius

Jul 29, 2008
Oregon
Im difinately on the same page as far as DIY goes... he actually talks about taking square tubing and milling off one side so you have that shroud and everything. a lot of it will depend on what kind of tools you have access to

Last edited: