Hello from near Miami

GoldenMotor.com

Chama

Mar 29, 2010
Near Miami
I never new there were so many bicycles with motors. I am overwhelmed. I will have to read all this information before I build my own. Chama

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome Chama, glad you joined us.

Take your time and get an ideal of what kind of bike and motor set-up will be best for your needs. When you decide what you want, it will make the enjoyment of your motorized bicycle be that much better.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, we have great members that are always willing to help out.

Chama

Mar 29, 2010
Near Miami
Thank you for the welcome. From what I have been reading I think I would like the 2 stroke on a simple bike. I have no need to go fast. I really have no need for a bicycle with a motor but it looks so enjoyable I must have one. Are the coaster type brakes enough to stop one of these bicycles? I see no need for gears and would like to use a coaster brake. Maybe use a front hand type brake in case of emergency. Chama

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I rode my first bike for many years with only a coaster brake, but adding a front brake is always a good ideal and I highly recommend it.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Chama,
Near Miami sounds like...Hialeah? Welcome to the forum. You've stumbled on a bunch of guys and gals that have found an enjoyable hobby in motorized bicycles. Keep us informed of what you choose to build and feel free to ask if you have questions or problems with your first bike. I was born and raised in Miami, good town, lots of great memories of growing up there. Lots of places to ride too. Old Cutler Road would be fun. What's left of it after Andrew. Coaster brake and a good front one will be sufficient. have fun, ride safe and keep in touch.
Tom

Chama

Mar 29, 2010
Near Miami
I found the bicycle that I want to use. I live in a rural area and work on a ranch. I want to use the bike on the ranch. I found a mountain bike with front suspension. Now I just have to decide where to get my engine. So many choices and so many opinions. I do think I\\\'ll use a 50 tooth sprocket. Not interested in going fast. I do want maximum climbing ability. And likeabikea and 2door they say confession is good for the soul, I do live near Miami but I dont live in Florida. Chama

Last edited:

Chama

Mar 29, 2010
Near Miami
After looking around I saw so many mountain bikes with motors. That was when I changed my mind about using a simple bike. A suspension mountain bike would be useable here on the ranch. It will make it easier to sell my wife on this latest scheme I have in mind. Chama

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you're planning on a rear suspension bike you'll need to reevaluate your engine choice. The 2 stroke in frame kits do not lend themselves easily to a bike with rear suspension due to chain tension problems. A rack mount or a friction drive might be a better choice if you're set on that fully suspended bike.
Tom

Chama

Mar 29, 2010
Near Miami
If you\'re planning on a rear suspension bike you\'ll need to reevaluate your engine choice. The 2 stroke in frame kits do not lend themselves easily to a bike with rear suspension due to chain tension problems. A rack mount or a friction drive might be a better choice if you\'re set on that fully suspended bike.
Tom
Thank you for the info. The bike I have found is just a front suspension. I would be afraid of all the geometry problems with a rear suspension bike. Chama