CRAPPY Customer Service: BikeMotorKit.com

GoldenMotor.com

Sparks66

Nov 4, 2009
San Jose, Ca
I ordered a motor from bikemotorkit.com and the motor arrived in four days. It was missing the gas cap. I called the guy and he makes it sound like I must have lost it. I just got the darn thing, how could I lose it? He reluctanty said he would send one out that day. It's been over two weeks. I am pretty darn sure he just blew me off. Afterall, he already received my payment. I will never ever buy anything from Bikemotorkit.com again. His advertisement says you also get detailed instructions. I didn't get any instructions. Get on your motorbike and ride as far away as you can from this place and leave them in the dust.

stilldoc

Sep 16, 2009
Oklahoma
I got mine from bikemotorkit.com also. It came well packed and within 5 days. The gas line was missing but they sent me one promptly after I contacted them by e-mail. The directions could have been better. I got about 10 stapled pages on regular paper using a printer with a cartridge that was nearly out of ink. I've had no problems with the motor or anything else in the kit.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
yay. i finally, I get to vent,lol. Well so far I ordered 3 kits. 2 From Bikeberry, and 1 from thats dax. Well one of the motors I got from bikeberry has been having nothing but problems from the start, and had noticed like oil all over the bike like there is a crack maybe somewhere. It siezed up, so I contacted bikeberry about it. They told me to pull the piston out to see if it is burned or scorched. LOL I told them how can I pull it up and out if it is siezed up. I told them I think the motor should be replaced, but they quickly replied we warranty parts. I do gotta say tho that the kits came pretty quick in the mail about 4 to 5 days, but both were really banged up badly. The kit I ordered from dax took awhile to come around 9 days, but when it came it was in excellent cond, and seems to be of alot better quality. They did forget to send the clamshell adapters, so I wrote them about it, and they said they would get it out a.s.a.p. So if I were to order again, I would pick dax again, or try pirate cycles from what everyone says.

Motor Boys

Nov 6, 2009
Cambridge
I gotta thank them really they are the reason why I started selling engine kits, I figured there had to me more people getting kits that are missing stuff, and are sick of it aswell. Good luck all, some times as we all know the cheapest kit does not always relate to to best service and engine.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
You got real lucky both times, I heard the ratio is like 1 out of 5 is bad
I don't know what the normal ratio is. They are doin a pretty good sale at zoom right now free shipping! What parts were missing? How long did it take to get em? Did they respond quickly?

Everyone makes mistakes it's how you deal with them that sets you apart. Just check the read below on gasbike.net AKA King's...they skewed me for $20 store credit.

gasbike.net a/k/a Nationwide Access, LLC. Complaints - NO Customer Service Refuse to Honor Kits Sold

cigron

Nov 18, 2009
wormleysburg pa
I bought 48cc 2 stroke from Bicycle-engine.com and put it in A schwinn cross trainer 700cc 32 mm tiers wide I would not recommend the bike
I had to do allot of shade tree engineering to make it fit I hade to make my own air cleaner plus I had to smash the sides of the down tube about 6mm now that's on the road im very happy with it on the flat it does about 25mph and A good job on the hills I live in central Pennsylvania after about 5 gallons it runs better then ever
this was A learning process in the sprlng I am going to make another one frist class all the way and I will buy from bicyle-engine

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I imagine it's a learning curve for everyone who gets these things...I think it's gonna go much smoother on my second build I think I have an easier frame to work with tho begin with and the engine has a slant for more room as well.