what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Hello. Im new to this posting stuff but this is what I have been working on for a some weeks now. Hope you can see the photo as Im not to sure how to use this sight.
I think the witches from Salem stole your pic bro, cause it didn't show up here. Try again. We all like build pics.

fatdaddy.usflg

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Another thing that works good for tanks like mapbike's,is track light canisters. Nice round dome end and different sizes. just make sure they are steel not aluminum. I got mine at habitat store $2 each. If you stick a piece of brass ,copper ,or aluminum behind the holes you can weld them shut the weld wont sick to it................Curt
Thanks Curt good tip.... I'll look into those.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
That's a great idea for making a tank and nice job on cutting up a few of the propane bottles to give it the capacity you're looking for... Personally I would just grind or power sand all the paint off and then clear coat it to show the braze joints, but either way it'll work great and look just as good... I'll most likely fab my own tank for the Stingray once I get it that far along but I'm not even gonna start on it until the bike is at least at the roller stage of the build. I'm just in the process of de rusting a lot of parts, buying parts that were either missing or rusted beyond help etc right now....
Well Dave if my brazing was a bit cleaner and more uniform that would look nice and I actually considered that, but it was a bit rough in a couple places and I already sprayed the thing with truck bed liner, it d8dnt turn out good at all, I think the can I got must have been old or just a bad product, I've used a different type on it before and it worked nice but this stuff is crap.....

I may see if I can strip it down again and redo it another way, the stuff I got was suppose to be a better thicker textured type and its junk.... I cant believe anyone would spray that mess in the bed of their truck.......

Im sure it will have to be ground off if I decide to go that route, oh well we live and learn with this type of stuff dont we.

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Hello. Im new to this posting stuff but this is what I have been working on for a some weeks now. Hope you can see the photo as Im not to sure how to use this sight.
Hi Tom, could be you didn't have your photo the correct size to have it allowed. I've found an EASY way to get photos on here is to use MS Paint to reduce size to 30% & convert to a JPEG image.
As with anything else, this site takes a bit of patience. ;)

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Today was too cold & snowy for riding here in Michigan. However, I did take delivery of my Air Zound rechargeable bike horn. I got the horn itself mounted, although I'm still trying to figure exactly where to mount the air canister. As of now anyone that does not 'see' me on the street will be reminded of my presence - this thing is LOUD! Definitely not a toy, and I got the model with the steel canister, so it can be charged to 100 psi.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Today was too cold & snowy for riding here in Michigan. However, I did take delivery of my Air Zound rechargeable bike horn. I got the horn itself mounted, although I'm still trying to figure exactly where to mount the air canister. As of now anyone that does not 'see' me on the street will be reminded of my presence - this thing is LOUD! Definitely not a toy, and I got the model with the steel canister, so it can be charged to 100 psi.
Pix would be welcome, Id like to see what it looks like, sounds awesome.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hi Tom, could be you didn't have your photo the correct size to have it allowed. I've found an EASY way to get photos on here is to use MS Paint to reduce size to 30% & convert to a JPEG image.
As with anything else, this site takes a bit of patience. ;)
I also resize all my pix in MS Paint, works great.

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Same here with resizing my pics... MSpaint is at least good for that...

Not much done on the Stingray today... just de rusted my front sprocket and pedal cranks... I really need to get me a blast cabinet so I can take the chrome off the parts so I can start powder coating them... So far the parts I've powdercoated last weekend turned out really nice so I'm definitely gonna get more colors and hopefully a curing lamp so I can do bigger parts... like frames... The toaster oven works great by preheating to 400, then placing the parts in and setting the timer for 15 minutes then letting the parts cool gradually. My friend showed me a trick when powder coating to get a shinier finish or if a touch up is needed, the part can be taken out of the oven and re sprayed while hot, the powder will stick to the hot surface and can be built up pretty thick, but also if a touch up is needed like either something didn't get coated good enough and metal is showing thru or something touched the part etc, this trick works wonders...
I'm still learning the ins and outs of powder coating, but the last batch to go thru the oven came out a LOT better than the first few things I did...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
View attachment 77559

View attachment 77560
as you can see the UPS guy wasn't too happy today got all this in today now need to figure out where to put it all
A lot of goodies there for sure......

If I didnt work like I do and lived in an area where I could sell a good amount of bikes, Id love to have a home based Motorized bike business, but where I live isnt a good place for it and I dont have the time, I have a hard enough time just getting my own projects finished.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
but then you also get the kids that want a bike for $300 when your asking $475 **** after i buy 8 grade bolts for the sprocket and paint and change the mount studs to bolts i have 350 or more in them

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
A lot of goodies there for sure......

If I didnt work like I do and lived in an area where I could sell a good amount of bikes, Id love to have a home based Motorized bike business, but where I live isnt a good place for it and I dont have the time, I have a hard enough time just getting my own projects finished.
Sounds like a lot of fun, Don't it? And it is, until it turns into a real JOB. I've been doing it for a few years now, And I still enjoy my shop. Untill the idiots show up, YA still gotta be a professional while explaining to the guy that a jet engine attached to his bike may not be the best idea he's ever had. AND NO, I don't work for free, ALL of your friends think you should, JUST FOR THEM. You can give a friend a little break, but not at the expense of your business, MOST of your friends wont see it that way. TRUST me brother, It aint as easy or as much fun as you think its gonna be. I still wouldn't give it up for ANYTHING.
fatdaddy.usflg

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Took mine out for a real shake down run --- about 45 minutes at about 3/4 speed. New rear wheel bearing adjustment is no different than at the start. Chain is still 'tight' and quiet. And the new exhaust pipe is attaining a great color fade!

A very satisfying outing!