what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Scored a nice canvas bag for holding small bouncy stuff in the basket on The Pig. Less than $10bucks at a yard sale and fits like it was custom made.

Immediately wasted yard sale savings on a can of silicone spray to waterproof the new bag. :)

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

A 20-minute amusement ride thru 6 miles in congested traffic got me to work. Before day's end, the sky emptied and roads were totally drenched. I fought the urge to have my wife pick me up at work and leave "My Precious". I had to test her worth in worst road conditions. The bike performed flawlessly. The roads dried out at the half point, so normal cruising speed was resumed. When I got home, all I needed to do was wipe the bike down and relube the chains.

What a ride!dance1

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA

I don't use any pressure when re-assembling the links so they are nice and free when finished.
As far as changing flats, the security of no masterlink outweighs the inconvenience when removing the rim to me.
back in the 70s, master link clips weren't allowed on the drag strip so we used a double winding of safety wire in the groove of the pin of the master link and left a 1/4 inch of tail on it so we could get it off easily - still do that once in a while when clip breaks

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj

back in the 70s, master link clips weren't allowed on the drag strip so we used a double winding of safety wire in the groove of the pin of the master link and left a 1/4 inch of tail on it so we could get it off easily - still do that once in a while when clip breaks
Good to know when in a pinch....three important things to carry,,duck tape,,wire,and a big hammerlaff!!!!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

I got pulled over by a female cop, on the way to work.

I'm sure it's odd seeing a senior citizen in full protective gear and motorcycle helmet pedalling furiously up a steep hill @ 25mph.xct2

She said she knew it was prolly illegal, but she'd let me go. The cop also said she was VERY impressed with the bike's performance, asked if it was gas engined. I told her I was enroute to work @ Child Protective Services. She let me go.

What surprised me was that throughout the encounter, she had the biggest smile I've ever seen on a cop.

Lol, too bad I'm old enough to be her grandfather.dance1

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj

I'm sure it's odd seeing a senior citizen in full protective gear and motorcycle helmet pedalling furiously up a steep hill @ 25mph.xct2

She said she knew it was prolly illegal, but she'd let me go. The cop also said she was VERY impressed with the bike's performance, asked if it was gas engined. I told her I was enroute to work @ Child Protective Services. She let me go.

What surprised me was that throughout the encounter, she had the biggest smile I've ever seen on a cop.

Hahaha,,thats funny,,I thought you where gonna say she had the biggest you know whats,,LOL,,anytime I see a cop i always back it WAY down and start to pedal,,they have not bothered me yet,,and if they do Ill just ride over in PA,,I see a bunch of motorized bicycle there all the time rippin around :)

Good Times....

Tom :)

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine

I've never had issues with cops. My bike is LOUD LOUD, so sometimes I'll let off the gas a bit so it's not as noisy. But they usually just waive and smile :)

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca

Good story... Some female cops can be cool if treated the right way.... Well I guess any female is good when treated good....lol

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Yes, I treat all cops with great respect. They go beyond the call protecting us. Besides, I don't ever want to be manhandled.

And sometimes they let you go with a warning, if you behave yourself.:)

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Is it still manhandling if a woman does it?
I find the idea of being womanhandled kinda interesting....

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine

I'd say almost all cops are out there to protect the public and keep people safe. Generally these cops are pretty cool about things like motorized bikes that sort of ride the grey area of the law. They're not harming anyone, so most cops don't care. But every now and again I come across a cop (fortunately not yet on my motorized bicycle) who's just a plain jerk for no reason. It's these ones you really have to watch out for. But fortunately, at least where I am in Maine, everyone is fairly easy going.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

ALWAYS let the cop(s) know that you'll be reaching into your pocket for your wallet/ID.
Ask me how I know this. It almost got ugly one time.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL 5-7, great story and really enjoyed reading it. Some thing about motorized bicycles just seem to put peace officers at ease. Always kinda fun to interact with em when ridding.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Is it still manhandling if a woman does it?
I find the idea of being womanhandled kinda interesting....
I've had a (younger than me) police woman flirt with me years ago. I could tell she was waiting for me to make the first move. I didn't, because I was married. It did boost my ego though, and I smile whenever I think about it.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

ALWAYS let the cop(s) know that you'll be reaching into your pocket for your wallet/ID.
Ask me how I know this. It almost got ugly one time.
Quoted for the truth.

When I was pulled over in my Ram though, since my wallet is in my back pocket, the officer knew what I was getting. lol.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

When I was a kid, 16 or so, I was hitch hiking to Florada from Hartford. Really cool time in my oddly spent youth.
A female N.J. trooper stops us. (I was with my best bud Dave) During being fisked, she seemed to take extra time doing the tailor's inseem thing. Could have just all been a teenaged boy's hopeful thoughts but 30 yrs later, still makes me grin.

Youth really is wasted on the young. To counter this, I refuse to grow up.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Quoted for the truth.

When I was pulled over in my Ram though, since my wallet is in my back pocket, the officer knew what I was getting. lol.
I always carry my wallet in my front pocket. Harder to be pickpocketed.

Besides, my access card to my workplace parking is in my wallet. When I ride my bike to work, I simply ride directly up to the sensor, lift my leg a few inches and trigger the entry/exit gate.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

I always carry my wallet in my front pocket. Harder to be pickpocketed.

Besides, my access card to my workplace parking is in my wallet. When I ride my bike to work, I simply ride directly up to the sensor, lift my leg a few inches and trigger the entry/exit gate.
Eh, you'd carry a concealed firearm in your front pocket, wallet more likely in the back. So the cop won't have an issue with you lifting your ass you pull out something. lol

That's my logic at least.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Whipped up a new version of the Pig Pipe today. Just swapped out the cone section for a smoother, better looking one from a bigger engine.

The larger diameter silencer did not make it louder like I expected, rather it made it sound even quieter and more motorcycle like than before. No detectable change in power.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

I took off my black punisher looking air cleaner & Installed an 1¼" PVC STREET 90° W/ a short piece of pipe and another 90 and let me tell you the sound is so much deeper "I never expected that" and I gained "no BS" a good 5 - 8 mph top end ' Now if i can finds a way to keep the fuel bowl full of fuel ... it keeps drawing down now that I have more air

OH YEA and my motor kit came that my brother bought and I built this last night

Last edited: