Panama Jack

GoldenMotor.com

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina
Since this was my first build, and I am not new to bikes, I'll give a short and brief review and give my learning experiance with it.

Where would you like me to post it? Start a new thread, or on the link above?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Certainly up to you Mr.G. Looking forward to reading it.

Just saw another thread on em. Is a cool lookin' bike

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
time to chime in on the PJ bicycle being a newbie to the site first off want to THANK everybody for all your help/intro to the motorized bicycle world !

I seen this bicycle and had to get one (way cool bike) out of the box I rode it for a summer with no motor and had a ton of fun!
Over this winter I had to install the " Emergency retrieval system" just in case I rode to far and had trouble getting home LOL .

Installation "so far"went very smooth Im down to the mounting of the drive chain and chain guard look like the modification will soon begin the rear fender will need some work to clear the chain.
Thanks again to everybody for there help with my first build (# 2 already in the works)

Last edited by a moderator:

Archduke Chocula

Apr 23, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
I have had my PJ build on hold for some time now. ( I had one of the first pj build threads) I am having trouble with the muffler not clearing the front wheel. I did see in one of the above comments that someone cut and welded the exhaust pipe for clearence. Okay, first problem solved.

My second problem is the brake arm. I cant get it to fit inside the sprocket without major modification. How did you other guys manage to install it after putting on the sprocket? :-||

I would really like to finish this build as I am now living in the city with no car. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
I have had my PJ build on hold for some time now. ( I had one of the first pj build threads) I am having trouble with the muffler not clearing the front wheel. I did see in one of the above comments that someone cut and welded the exhaust pipe for clearence. Okay, first problem solved.

My second problem is the brake arm. I cant get it to fit inside the sprocket without major modification. How did you other guys manage to install it after putting on the sprocket? :-||

I would really like to finish this build as I am now living in the city with no car. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
you have to remove the brake arm, clamp it in a vise, and bend it out some. then, before you reinstall your newly bent brake arm, install your sprocket. then test fit your brake are to see if you have to bend it more or not.

Archduke Chocula

Apr 23, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
I have looked at the removal instructions page before but thanks for the link. I have bent my arm in a vise but it still seems to catch. Ill have to do more bending I guess. (thats a serious bend!)

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
Which is the best motor on the market right now
newbies just glisten don't they?

hey new guy, pick one of the advertisers on the side of this forum and do some simple browsing. Check cost, then ask yourself what you want to spend. Also, avoid pirate cycles if your new. they are for more informed users who know exactly what they need.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Cargiboy, welcome to the forum.

Is a huge question with a ton of options.

Here are some threads with that same question; http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...ab=0&gsc.q=Which is the best motor&gsc.page=1

You have many, many choices. also, would check out the events section and see if any thing like rides or get togethers are going to be near you. motorized bicycle folks are really great about helping out new folks.

Again, welcome.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Oddly enough, I just finished electrifying my wife's Panama Jack. I wanted to choose a different frame, but she insisted that I use her existing bike since "it is so cute" ;)

Thanks to Paul's leatherworking inspiration, I made the saddlebags for her batteries and controller by hand. I will start a build thread in the eBike section...

Attachments