Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Whizzer Motorized Bicycles

Whizzer Motorized Bicycles Whizzer bicycles are still produced today and are one of the oldest motor bikes around. Share some of your stories about this timeless classic with us today

Old 04-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: H Whizzer on Schwinn-Older Restoration

I took a couple of weeks off working on the Whizzer to get caught up on other projects.

I got the new sediment bowl gas filter installed as well as a new Schwinn front brake lever I found on ebay.

Ray pointed out this H motor has a J Cylinder, so I exchanged the Tillotson carburetor for a larger Carter to accommodate the larger ports and valves. Now I need to find the proper air filter as my homemade one only fits Tillotsons.

Couldn't make it run consistently and suspected the coil. Upon removing the old coil I saw my splice on the plug lead looked a little shaky. Sure enough the strands broke and were only giving me spark when it felt like it. after a good repair it started right up and ran great. I've been riding around the neighborhood for a few days and really enjoying it.
If everything works out with the weather, I'll ride it to Donut Derelicts Saturday. They say it may rain. I'm sure my customer is looking forward to getting it back in running condition.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:25 PM

I had to shine up his badge a little. Added some Krylon clear coat.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:36 PM

Went to Ron Houk's place and picked up the last part I needed for the Whizzer. A new original style air filter. Now I can call it complete and finish the test rides. Of course we all know they're never done. Always some accessories to add.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:20 PM

I finally got the Whizzer to Donut Derelicts and it was a big hit. Then took it to Chip Foose's shop and he test rode it. Chip's real happy with the way it turned out and was glad to have it back.

Last edited by msrfan; 04-21-2017 at 12:54 PM.