212cc 2-speed Schwinn rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Look like your into it. Polishing ports I will try another time on my engines. Tinkering with the car throttle linkages to see it work better and will be testing later today.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Dropped the engine over countersunk mount block bolts. Went from 1/16" valve cover clearance to 7/8". Servicing valves now is a breeze!

Untitled by Tony K, on Flickr

RTC-9 head shaved .065" "to the fin". Ported polished valves lapped, 11:1 CR.

geo change caused rockers to hit the valve cover. Fixed that with a spacer made from another valve cover and two gaskets. I'll get shorter pushrods with the 1.3s.

Strong front mount. Did away with the gas tank mounts.

Bike is very fast now, and loud again even with a muffler! Feels great in the twisties!

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I just realized I have the same headlight. Just bought a pack of two. I decided I only need one because dang they're bright.
I'd put two side by side street fighter style, LOL!

Here's my updated engine pic. Gas tank mounts removed, new front mount,, lots of valve cover clearance, painted flywheel, doubled up intake flange,, engine area cleaned up overall... using stock carb with adjustable jet... the mixture setting with stock compression is far too lean for high comp.. adjusted a quarter turn on the custom carb mix screw (scroll up!)

Compare to first pic in this thread!

Last edited: