hello...

GoldenMotor.com

Vanderwaal

May 9, 2008
new around here. like a lot of people i'm getting sick and tired of being screwed at the gas pump so i'm considering motorizing my kulana. i see a lot of people on here have used the kulana to build a motorized bike so i'm looking forward to your expertise.

but... i do have a question. i've seen a lot of mpg numbers floating around here and i'm wondering what kind of gas mileage i'll realistically get driving 25 to 30 mph, 10 miles total a day too and from work.

looks like a fun project and i must admit that the gas mileage thing isn't the only reason i want to build one but that's the reason i have to give to the wife so that she doesn't freak out about a new toy. i kinda hope it goes so well that she'll let me motorize her bike too.

so, anyway, hello. nice to be here. hope to learn a lot from you guys.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi and welcome to the forum. i have a 70cc chineese and use it to go back and forth to work which is a little less then 10 miles. i cruise at around 29 at been getting around 130-140 mph. cost wise i have paid for it many times with the gas i save not putting it in my truck. during summer months i go from filling up twice a week to 1 time every 2 weeks. short trips with a vehicle gives you the worst gas mileage up to 30% less on it. motorized bicycles are great fun and a great way to save on gas. glad to have you with us
:ride2:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum, lots of motorize bicycle enthusiats here. I've not documented my mileage since I have no odometer. But I have tried to keep track of miles and my best guess is I get around 100 mpg. I have a 44 tooth sprocket and run around 25 mph........................

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
new around here. like a lot of people i'm getting sick and tired of being screwed at the gas pump so i'm considering motorizing my kulana. i see a lot of people on here have used the kulana to build a motorized bike so i'm looking forward to your expertise.

but... i do have a question. i've seen a lot of mpg numbers floating around here and i'm wondering what kind of gas mileage i'll realistically get driving 25 to 30 mph, 10 miles total a day too and from work.

looks like a fun project and i must admit that the gas mileage thing isn't the only reason i want to build one but that's the reason i have to give to the wife so that she doesn't freak out about a new toy. i kinda hope it goes so well that she'll let me motorize her bike too.

so, anyway, hello. nice to be here. hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Even if you run you bicycle motor extremely hard, you will never see less than 100 mpg on a frame mount kit.

With a little pedal assist and some coasting, 200 mpg are possible with an engine like the one on my avatar bike.

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
To get the best milage you have to get your timeing with the engine pedal at the same RPMs I just try to pedal at about 25% of if I was really rideing a bike at that speed, I have not checked how my milage is with the different driveing habbits, but it is significant, baste on how often I fill my tank.