My first bike, yay!

GoldenMotor.com

Ulysys

Apr 25, 2009
Spokane, WA
So here it is, my first MB. The bike is an old Columbia mountain bike I picked up for $35, the wheels and kickstand are off my old Giant Iguana, the rear reflector from an even older Centurion road bike I had sitting around, a used $15 seat and a 49cc motor kit from zoombicyles. The motor and tank mounts are padded with heavy duty leather and it works perfect. I've put around 230 miles on the thing in just the past few weeks so I can save money on gas, and it's been really great fun :).

It was even more fun once I figured out why it had been bogging down at around 23 mph. Turns out that even with locktight, the nuts on the motor mounts had gotten a little loose, and the motor was vibrating so much that the fuel was frothing up in the carb. Turns out that the motor mounts had compressed and fitted the leather so well that the motor still had almost no play in it, even with loose nuts.

And I just gotta say thanks to all the people that answered my questions and gave me advise, even if I didn't take all of it :). This forum is great, and full of great people, and this is comming from a guy that usually hates forums. :)

dance1

Attachments

Ulysys

Apr 25, 2009
Spokane, WA
I've had at least 3 cops pass me while I've been riding and they don't seem to care at all. I even had one next to me at a stop sign, and I don't think they even took a second look at it.

I also just took the thing across town and back and no problems. I keep to the speed limit on roads where I can actually break it, and stay out of the way of cars as much as possible, so it's all good.

I actually had to go across town to get the pics of it. I don't own a digital camera, so I had to go to a friends on it. :)

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Nice build. The policemen are not paying much attention to me either. I don't travel too much faster than our 20 mph speed limit (in the bike lane).

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I live in Memphis TN and most of the cops that see me smile real big, some have stopped to talk to me about it, wanting one for themselves. I would have to do something really stupid for the cops in this town to get in any kind of trouble on my motorbike.

hombremosqa

Apr 6, 2009
salt lake city
just a suggestion, but get yourself a front suspension fork asap. or gusset the frame. the only reason i say this is because the amount of vibration and bumps you feel on the road are gonna be felt by both you and the frame. and wear a helmet!

nice build!

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I live in Memphis TN and most of the cops that see me smile real big, some have stopped to talk to me about it, wanting one for themselves. I would have to do something really stupid for the cops in this town to get in any kind of trouble on my motorbike.
nunyabidness The cops in memphis are glad to see someone not committing a murder.RIDE ON and we still need to cook a pig one weekend.HARLEYS DAD

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
just a suggestion, but get yourself a front suspension fork asap. or gusset the frame. the only reason i say this is because the amount of vibration and bumps you feel on the road are gonna be felt by both you and the frame. and wear a helmet!

nice build!
I was amazed to find that mine rides pretty smooth!