Complete Newbie please help!

GoldenMotor.com

kutchie

May 27, 2009
New York
Hi everyone names joel. Im new to the world of MB... I do have experience in Nitro and Elctric R/C so basically thats the skills im relying on. So i was working on a Friction drive for my Honda bike, when while attaching a Peg to my weedeater motor the motor fell out of my lap an onto the floor. The thing with all the fins (im guessing its a flywheel) is off and now when i they to set if back it keeps scraping where the magnetic parts are... my question is how to i lock the flywheel in place and how do i not get it to scrape against the magnet...

Thanks,

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
the magneto may have gotten damaged. but , loosen the screws, put the flywheel on, and you may need the tool to press it back on ( get 1 from a mower shop and tell them what your doing.. ).. you'll want .018 clearence between the flywheel and the mag.. tear a peice off of a cereal box if you don't have feeler gauges

kutchie

May 27, 2009
New York
Thanks alot, most likely ill have to press it on myself because there isnt a mower shop around my area. i noticed a small groove on the inside of the flywheel and same on the shaft. there isnt anything therewhat should i do about that?

Thanks,

kutchie

May 27, 2009
New York
Oh ok Cause i put a small piece of metal but it came after a bit... should i epoxy it or bb weld a piece on to keep the flywheel in place..

Thanks

kutchie

May 27, 2009
New York
Dont worry i found the key for the flywheel, and put it back in. Then i pounded it back on with a mallet and finally secured it tight with a few washers, a thick rubber washer and a bmx peg. Thanks alot.

aaronmorg

Jun 8, 2009
Louisiana
I am a newbie, but a complete newbie. Extremely limited engine knowledge. Only common sense.

I keep hearing footpeg. Where and why would you put a footpeg?

The shaft that turns on my engine?? Would I want the end of the peg to connet to the turning part???

I'm so lost.

fellafoe

Dec 4, 2008
Perth, Western Australia
I am a newbie, but a complete newbie. Extremely limited engine knowledge. Only common sense.

I keep hearing footpeg. Where and why would you put a footpeg?

The shaft that turns on my engine?? Would I want the end of the peg to connet to the turning part???

I'm so lost.
look at some pics it will help you alot.