Rats!!

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
We had some good weather yesterday.....so maybe I can get a ride in...

Oops forgot oldest has a ball game. No problem love her games....but youngest had to stay home to finished her project. OK I can do some spins in the hood in granny gear.......I can leave work right on time.....nope...needed to stay late. Now I need to rush because big girls will need to leave youngest at home alone.......RATS! Bridge is closed!!! Need to go to the next bridge......

Customer calls....needs a gallon for his Harleys....ok.....no problem meet me at my house....rush rush......get home new shipment to be sorted daughter waiting...starving....eat......another customer comes...big trucker....wants to get all his buddies hooked up.....comes over talks for like 2 hours!!! I liked the guy and he was really interested in my bike........and then daughter wants me to come back in the house and it's getting dark and wife calls then Ghost0 calls........and wife comes home....

I didn't get to ride yesterday. Rats.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
God it is so nice to be old.
My step daughter deals with running her kids around.
My son in law deals with customers.

I deal with the weather and boredom and of course by bike. At the moment I can't ride as:

I'm waiting for the half link for the gasoline bike

The ground is too damp to pull the electric bike out. Friction drive works poorly on damp roads. I haven't quite finished it anyway. I could ride it but I would really like to get the new crank set in and the new trailer built so it looked like something.

But I can feel for you Pablo... I bought one of the first cell phones only because my daughter was playing HS softball. I would put the phone on forwarding and slip off to her games. I think it cost me forty bucks a month just to watch her lose. LOL

A customer would want to see my photographs when I was up to my elbows in automotive grease. It never failed.

Yes nice to be old .... IN SOME WAYS

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Speaking of rats,

I did a little time on the thin blue line once. On one of my first night out alone in a cruiser, I was rolling slowly through a rough neighborhood with the lights out and the windows down. It was about two am when I saw another police cruiser parked in the community center parking lot. I thought it was some officer pulled over napping or worse. It was not the kind of place you wanted to fall asleep.

I was about to move in when I heard the pop sound. It wasn't loud enough to be a pistol and I hadn't seen any muzzle flash so I kept watching. Being new you don't want to rush in and get laughed at.

I heard the pop again, then a very slight pinging sound. I kept watching and after about fifteen minutes I figured it out. One of the other cops was shooting rats from the dumpster with a pellet rifle. I always laugh when I remember how relieved I was and yet how disturbing it was to have to fill in with that guy on calls after I knew. I never mentioned it to anyone on the PD. I had no idea how it would be received. Just a little oh rats memory lol

Last edited: