go for broke or just broke

GoldenMotor.com

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
So this will be a poor mans build, as time goes by I'll replace inferior parts, but should make for an interesting build for me to learn.

Frame: Dyno Glide Moon Eyes Edition
Fork: RST Capa T6
Wheels: CL find cheap 24 inch w/ disk
Crank: wide one piece sourced from exercise bike machine
Front sprocket: sourced for kids bike
Tires: sourced from the many OCC's in the back
Stem: WCC CFL
Handlebar: Crosshairs OCC type
Motor: HF 79cc
JackShaft: 79cc 'transmission'
Mounts: ebay seller:dirtbio

Everything else: TBA

Last edited:

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Removed the gears and replaced with a single speed.
Made some templates for the motor mounts.
Was seriously thinking of using an old school Schwinn sprocket for rear gear. Material thickness is the same as the kit gear, so it might work. I have marked all the holes and extra material to be removed.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Good start. What engine are you planning?
Good luck and keep us informed with your progress.

Tom
I have nt mentioned the engine because I'm not sure which to use. I want to get my hands on a 99cc pred. I do have gx200 and 212 but its a really tight fit and trying to make mount is proving it self to be pita.

But thanks,

For today I'm working on the wheels truing and centering the rear, and checking the front for true.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
update:
so i ended up purchasing a HF 79cc, i had posted in a few places to trade for my gx200 but nothing happened.

so here is a little trick i did. remove the govnr and take it apart so your left with is the pin. take that pin and cut it in half, then use it to plug the two holes from the govnr system. yes it does take some effort but it works and is a solid plug.

i also removed everything of the motor and rebuilt it to torque specs.

installed the front brake to the new(used) fork, and have it the ol'eyeball alignment.

so while i was trying to work on the rear sprocket i noticed that i had a problem. the hole saw i was using walked and is not going to work out for now, so i ended up drilling out and old 44tooth sprocket i had. while working on the rear wheel i also removed the multi-speed gear and installed a single speed freewheel.

and after some of my friends made fun of me for not having a seat, i have mounted up something for now. i will be fabricating something shorter and maybe with a spring or two.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
so here is another update.

i got the mounts in to hold the motor up, and im also using a ht/cg mount for the front.

i have a rear derailer that i repurposed as a chain tentioner.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
update

day after the mounts came in the 'transmission' jack shaft came in.

because of the tooth count on the clutch and input gear the chain provided was short. i so happened to have from many years ago a #415 half link to stretch chain.

here its mounted

as the kit came it had to be modified to fit my bike. added spacers, shaved spacers that came with the kit, and left out a spacer just to get everything to line up nicely.

this part will be changed later to something better, chain tentioner help with alignment

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
update so this is how it sits for now.
the intake manifold and exhaust will be redone to something more eye appealing. and a better carb in the near future.

also need to find a way to make a hanger/bracket for the exhaust end.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Looks good so far, I did notice you used a Dyno Moon Eyes frame...is the paint in good condition?
not exactly what the person selling it said it would be, but im not upset about it. on the toptube just in front of the eyes they tried repainting with an unmatched color, other than that all the scratches and paint chips that would be be expected from a used bike.

but the thing that did concern me was on the leftside rear drop out they had tightened down so much that the drop out had a groove indentation from the axle nut. i had to file a little of the axle slot so i could get the wheel on.

other than that its perfect straight as an arrow.