gasbikes new 212 kit

GoldenMotor.com

kevo

Jan 4, 2015
Murrieta ca
What do you think? Its called the death row. I've been watching scotto's bike and have thinking about building one. I know its from gas bike but give me your suggestions. Thanks Kevo

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
hard to say without holding the parts in my hands, but $400 for a 212cc predator, a torque converter, a sprocket adapter and the rest seems like a fairly good package deal to me.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Well the engines aren't expensive themselves. $119 for a brand new one. It's all the other stuff that brings the price up. I don't doubt that it's not a good deal, but what makes me wonder is the quality of the other pieces

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
hard to say without holding the parts in my hands, but $400 for a 212cc predator, a torque converter, a sprocket adapter and the rest seems like a fairly good package deal to me.
Engine is $99
Kevo, if you plan on racing it you don't want that torque converter.

Sprocket is the wrong size for a 212cc and other parts are nothing special.

Probably better to just buy the right parts separately.

kevo

Jan 4, 2015
Murrieta ca
Thanks guys, I guess I'll just piece the project together. I haven't finished my "race bike" build yet and I'm already thinking the next bike. This stuff is addicting.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys, I guess I'll just piece the project together. I haven't finished my "race bike" build yet and I'm already thinking the next bike. This stuff is addicting.
Congrats on winning the new Amateur China girl class on March 28th on
your very first race!

See, I knew what I was doing for once when I bumped you up from the
Beginner China girl class. :D

kevo

Jan 4, 2015
Murrieta ca
Ya Neil I was scared to move up but you said I'd be fine. Thanks, I'll be at Willow but I should have my race bike finished by then.

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
I may do a stretch trike build with one of these kits. Depending on how much I like my new 125cc

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I may do a stretch trike build with one of these kits. Depending on how much I like my new 125cc
Got a sales e-mail the other day gasbike is selling a 212 trike kit.

The pic is the kit on a Schwinn Meridian adult trike.
Guess they got a deal on the engines and need to move them for something other than a bicycle because they couldn't make a mount kit.

The max speed on a dry straight is <25 mph on those trikes before they start pulling the front tire free.

Unlike a bicycle with the drive wheel under your butt in line with the front wheel, you can't pop a wheelie and ride or lean into a curve.

In this case the left wheel is the drive and it is ~ 1' left of the front wheel so it is ALWAYS pushing the bike sideways which means a constant force against the front wheel.

I built some adult electric shifting adult trikes.
I say call them senior tricycles that should be operated at the speeds of the little kids trikes hehe ;-}

Besides not being able to lean into turns which must taken pretty slow, if the front wheel fighting the drive wheel to turn looses grip the drive wheels wins.

You pop a wheelie and spin wildly in a circle around the non powered wheel like a top.

Trust me, this is no fun at all and should be avoided ;-}

That has to be the most irresponsible kit I have seen them sell yet.

It's like they got a bunch of razor blades cheap and decided to adorn baby crib rails with them to make a 'death wish' crib kit.

Just my 2¢

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
KC,
I concur. That's an accident waiting to happen. A 79cc Predator would be a more appropriate engine size and even then the trike has inherent problems. It was designed as a low speed pedal trike. That's what it is and should remain that way in my opinion.

An appropriate gas trike would have a differential axle with a wider footprint. The engine needs to be placed as low as possible. It needs substantial brakes. A top speed on a light weight trike would be more like 20 mph on a straight away and much less on turns. Every commercial pedal trike I have seen including every kit to convert a bike to a trike is underbuilt for motor conversion in my opinion, with power at one wheel, wheels with wimpy spokes poorly attached to the axle and brakes that are inadequate. Axles which are too small. That includes the Worksman designed to be pedaled. There would be a market I think for a real, adult grade well designed trike ready for an appropriate engine. I don't think anything approaching 200 cc's makes sense on a pedal trike. I like trikes and I'm building one myself, so have given it a lot of thought since I have no desire to end up in a hospital.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=47993
Bikes with sidecars and trikes do not handle anything like two wheelers. If you want to go fast on a three wheeler then get a motorcycle with three wheels designed for that.
SB

Last edited: