FS: Felt bare cruiser frame

GoldenMotor.com

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
FS: Felt 1903 bare cruiser frame

This bare naked Felt cruiser frame is the 1903 that I have assembled and dis-assembled a number of times. It has been big-time fun but I'm building something else so the Felt has become my "donercycle". It is shown with bottom bracket bearing cups. Those are not included.

$250 Shipped. Continental US only, PayPal preferred but Postal MO is OK. SOLD!!!

What is included is the frame with the KW Machine Works Cap & Bung (paid $45 plus shipping) and the Caswell Dragon's Blood tank sealer ($67 shipped) already installed. Look at the mess I just saved you! Also included is the KW Machine Works chain tensioner (paid $85 plus shipping), the layback seat post and a headset. I modified a set of KW Machine Works engine mounts that I'll throw in too. Compare to a Canvas at $280 plus shipping or the Phantom at $265 (no idea on shipping from CA).

Last edited:

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Just to be sure it's clear what I'm asking (my ad is a tad jumbled now that I've re-read it), price on the frame including the cap & bung with a sealed top tube tank is $200 plus actual shipping.
Here's the link to the idler and a Felt thread-less stem on the forum too: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=57077

Surprising to me there are no comments, feedback, etc. I might post elsewhere sooner rather than later.

EDIT - Read the first pits for new pricing and bundle....

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I'm with you I thought it would have been gone in no time. Its a great price on a awesome frame with a sweet gas tank. I have dealt with Harold and it was as smooth as it gets.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Keith. Your engine sits on my bench until I can sell a few things to pay for a new build. My hobby needs to stay as close to net zero as possible even though I can't expect to get back what I paid for stuff. I consider it the price of having fun. I assume somewhere around a 50% hit on parts when I go to sell. If someone has something to barter, these are items I am interested in:
52mm or wider wheel set, 12 gauge minimum spokes, drum brakes front and rear, 26"
Brooks B135 Saddle

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Harold is the real deal, an excellent seller not to mention the time and effort to seal the tank etc!!!

Man I'd love to have this frame but I just bought a Giant DH Team frame and forks for my winter electric build.

Dan L.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Dan. Good luck on your winter build! Maybe it's just a matter of timing. There doesn't seem to be as much activity lately. Perhaps everybody is squeezing in as much time on the road as possible before the cold rolls in.
If somebody buys the frame and idler I'll throw in the seat post and a headset. How's that?

Last edited:

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I've had some interest but when I've made counter offers there's been no reply. Strange. Here's what I'm thinking though, I'm willing to make the offer once then I'm willing to throw it on the table for everybody if the guy doesn't get back to me. Bundle offer is in the edited first post. I think it's fair. I suppose I can always hang it in the rafters....

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I remember the 1903 build. I cannot believe this hasn't sold. So if I'm reading correctly what is included for $250 shipped is:

- the frame already sealed (no bottom bearing cups)
- cap and bung
- KW tensioner
- KW mounts
- layback post
- headset

Is the kickstand included too? Is the petcock hole tapped for the kit petcock? Are there any cracks or leaks? What is the actual fuel capacity?

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I remember the 1903 build. I cannot believe this hasn't sold. So if I'm reading correctly what is included for $250 shipped is:

- the frame already sealed (no bottom bearing cups)
- cap and bung
- KW tensioner
- KW mounts
- layback post
- headset

Is the kickstand included too? Is the petcock hole tapped for the kit petcock? Are there any cracks or leaks? What is the actual fuel capacity?
Kickstand is included. Standard petcock fuel shutoff or filter thread size. About .7-.8 gallons. No cracks or leaks that I am aware of. Hard to see in the photo but the seat post clamp is there too. Please keep in mind the KW mounts have been modified so adjust your expectations accordingly.

Last edited: