No spark

GoldenMotor.com

jj4511

Jan 17, 2009
arizona
i was riding my bike when it died on me.. i tried starting it again and it wouldnt work. i took it back to my house and noticed there was no spark. ive tried using a new spark plug but that didnt work.

any ideas? greatly appreciated

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Have a look at you wires going to the CDI box, also make sure both ends of sparkplug wire are wound in tight.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I guess the next thing would be to take the side cover off and see if the key on shaft broke. Your sure about the other spark plug eh?

jj4511

Jan 17, 2009
arizona
No i am not using a kill switch i never hooked it up and as for the white wire it is not touching any metal.. my neighbor had an extra cdi box that was brand new and it still didnt get a spark so i dont believe its that either

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
pull the magneto cover and unscrew the four screws take the mag out and make sure there isn't any metal shavings on it or the flywheel also make sure the wires are all connected to the magneto. if everything looks ok reassemble and try again sometimes manufacturing junk will keep the magneto from sparking also if it is touching the fly wheel it will also loose spark. its not a big deal to pull it out and check just be careful you don't rip the gasket.

jj4511

Jan 17, 2009
arizona
ok i have just got done doing that and everything looked fine to me. it was all clean and had nothing in it.. how can u spot a bad magneto??

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Yep, it sure could. Sometimes for some reason condensation will form in there. You can try putting it in the oven for a while (about 200 degrees or so) to try to dry it out. WD-40 might help too (after the oven). It's probably fried.