why do I get loged out

GoldenMotor.com

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Why am I always getting logged off even though I am actively browsing or responding to posts? I find this especially frustrating when I loose what I have posted after signing in again. Why does this keep happening? Is it just me?

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
I'd try rebooting, then make sure your password is saved in the browser and click the "remember me" button under where you sign in at.

Stormsorter

Jun 10, 2010
Jasper County Illinois
If you are checking the Remember Me box and this still happens then you have an issue with cookies. You either need too clear you browser cache as BigBlue mentioned or your using some kind of private browsing mode that prevents the cookie from being saved.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It helps to know what you are using to browse the site considering there are dozens of devices and way to do it now besides a PC.

I run a desktop I built with Windows XP (still and on purpose), and Firefox browser via cable internet and can't recall this site ever making me login again or drop me while posting even after walking away mid post for a couple of hours and then finishing it.

What device and connection you use may be a factor.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I think some members had problems in the past and had to clear their cache in their browser.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue
I just did this. It helped a lot. I was getting logged off but not every time, but I started getting pop-up ads that appeared whenever I changed pages or went to the next page of a thread. Things were getting very slow too. I did a 'reset' of my browser and it cleared all of that and speeded things up noticably. Those cookies can be downloaded to your browser and Norton Internet Security allowed them. I've yet to find a way to block that from happening. Anyone have a suggestion?
Like KC, I use Windows XP on a Dell desktop PC.

Tom

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
I just did this. It helped a lot. I was getting logged off but not every time, but I started getting pop-up ads that appeared whenever I changed pages or went to the next page of a thread. Things were getting very slow too. I did a 'reset' of my browser and it cleared all of that and speeded things up noticably. Those cookies can be downloaded to your browser and Norton Internet Security allowed them. I've yet to find a way to block that from happening. Anyone have a suggestion?
Like KC, I use Windows XP on a Dell desktop PC.

Tom
What browser are you using? IE? If so, switch to FireFox and download Ad Block Plus for it. Once you set the filters right it is sooo awesome. lol

Oh yeah, and use anything but Norton. Even AVG is better. I use Microsoft Security Essentials for my antivirus and Malwarebytes for everything else.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i found that if i go to accessories then systems tools then disk cleanup and run that it keeps my windows computer running a lot smoother. i do this once a week. helps all programs and the internet run a whole lot faster and better. just like your motorized bicycle it needs to be worked on once in a while. if you have never did a disk cleanup you will be amazed what a difference it will make,

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
i found that if i go to accessories then systems tools then disk cleanup and run that it keeps my windows computer running a lot smoother. i do this once a week. helps all programs and the internet run a whole lot faster and better. just like your motorized bicycle it needs to be worked on once in a while. if you have never did a disk cleanup you will be amazed what a difference it will make,
I'll do ya one better: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

I run that fairly often. As long as you know what files you should check for deletion and what ones you shouldn't you're fine. Also run the registry cleaner as well. It's amazing how many registry errors and crap there can be on a given system.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I have a brand new GS3 phone and if I take too long typing it bumps me off but if sign backing fast enough I don't loose my posting. Why?