just picked this up

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
stopped at the bike shop today and he had this electric there ...$20 and it was mine so I figured what the heck has to be worth 20 and took it home.....batts are too dead to charge...but I hooked a lipo set up to it and everything works fine....whats neat on it is the rear hub freewheels both sides, well I think its handy for other things if laced in anyway.
so now I gotta find a use for the hub and motor...its 450watts 24v

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
struggling with pics again........but its a 20" mongoose.....I'll have em by tommorow morning

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
one thing i do miss about the states is garage sales, auctions and estate sales. i used to find some nice stuff. ohh well 85 degree year round temps i guess the trade off is worth it, nice find racie

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Does it look like a cruiser bike, or dirtbike?

I have the dirtbike version, the CX24v450:

I think the cruiser bike version is the CB24v450.

I really like the bike, and ride it almost daily to the corner store and back. It is too small for an adult to comfortably pedal, so I don't, LOL. I do pedal a few rotations on takeoff, but that is it. I plan on replacing the 2x12v SLAs with 9S lipo soon. And replace the knobbies with hookworms.

I picked up mine for $50 off CL, $20 is a steal! Grats!

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
It's that dirt bike....Yup....didn't have that front fender though...it is missing.....I tested it and it was fine on lipos.....took it apart already and saved most bolt on stuff etc....future projects I guess

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
It's that dirt bike....Yup....didn't have that front fender though...it is missing.....I tested it and it was fine on lipos.....took it apart already and saved most bolt on stuff etc....future projects I guess
You can get a generic front fender just like it, BA has one on his Mongoose Snarl.

It would probably be pretty hard to turn into a gas bike, uness you went friction drive. But as an eBike, there are plenty of build where people ditch the pedals and run a 1000W motor. I was also thinking a hub motor might be nice too, apparently the monster hub motors work very well at high power in 20 inch wheels...

Good luck on your projects!

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I mainly bought it just to take the parts off and save for some other use...it was too cheap to leave there.