all or nothing

GoldenMotor.com

The Transporter

Jan 20, 2012
dearborn heights michigan
Need some help sorting out how my morini powered boxer is running. Runs pretty good when its cold only wide open, as soon as it warms up stumble when I give gas have to feather gas,have to wot it then it will kick back in,pretty much only likes wot. Whats weird to me is it almost runs right when it cold,any suggestion would be great its the liguid cooled version,Thanks Guys.wee.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Change in seasonal weather? Water in Fuel? I get personality out of mine with season change. If my carb is too rich like in the middle of summer sometimes it will load up when idling at a stop light for a long time. I finally got things dialed in to where I can finesse it with my fuel adjust screw. That was fun !

Mine acted up once on me and I was sure there was something in my carby once. Was fixing my gas tank tubing and flip the bike at a weird angle the carb cleared right up after that lol. Carbs on any of these small engines can get finicky sometimes.

Working in a small engine shop I cannot count how many times I cleaned out a carb .. This is different than your scenario I recon. These were engines that had set for months fuel never drained motor never started. I would do everything short of vatting the carb in some cases even vatted them. Only to have the carb back off twice to take a very fine wire and poke the jets out again.

Also it is very hard for a newbe to know for certain when they are rich or lean on these Morini's I got to sharpen my ear in ...in the beginning.

Didja change oil ratio any lately?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Maybe it's your clutch. When it's hot, does it feel like its engaging early?
I remember with my old clutch after some hard laps it would start to engage 500 rpms sooner.